- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
About the Role:
The Profit Protection function reports into the Global Security Director and was established in 2017. The Global Security Teams remit is broad and includes Cyber, Corporate Security, Technical Security, Crisis management and Information Security, alongside Profit Protection, providing opportunities to learn and diversify through a broad spectrum of specialisms. The Global Fraud Analyst role reports into the Fraud Prevention and Investigations Manager who is the global strategic fraud lead for the creation and implementation of the Omni Chanel fraud strategy.
The Profit Protection team is to ensure that Dyson people, assets and reputation are secured with the adoption of a security posture relevant to the threats, the Dyson brand, and the countries where Dyson have an Omni channel Retail presence. In addition, the team is responsible for the security strategy and standards within the retail supply chain and any investigations concerning loss within the retail / logistics environment. This includes new product launches and all risks associated throughout the manufacture and adoption of the new machines and subsequent creation of marketing collateral and imagery. This then reaches into the reseller market and the risks associated to those reporting to sell Dyson products without approval to do so.
The team has a focus on strategic loss identification, prevention and reduction aspiring to utilise market leading best practice, technology and people. The Profit Protection team is a key function in the Retail Centre of Excellence, working with the functional owners of the Omni Chanel strategy and cross functional teams throughout the organization to affect and influence the retail strategy ensuring that security by design is a key consideration in the process.
The breadth of Profit Protections responsibilities within Dyson spans from manufacture to sale. Most customers in the retail sector use a blended Omni channel approach to selecting and purchasing products. Similarly, bad actors also adopt an Omni Channel approach and evidence of their activities is therefore distributed across multiple platforms. Offenders target retailers throughout their entire supply chain. Through a blended approach that includes big data analytics, artificial intelligence and fraud analysts, and mature organisations effectively manage fraud, ensuring the exposure to internal; external offenders are managed both proactively and reactively within agreed frameworks and tolerances.
Taking strategic leadership and direction from the Fraud and Investigations Manager, the Fraud Analyst role will support the delivery of the Omni Channel fraud strategy, through data analysis, triage of investigations and key day to day fraud processes.
Supporting the network of Profit Protection Managers in market to proactively seek to identify fraud red flags and revenue loss through data analysis. Working collaboratively with multiple teams and functions Globally and using the analytical tools available, this role will accelerate Dyson’s ambition to identify revenue loss, to ensure a consistent approach to how Dyson manages their Omni Chanel fraud risk from payment to sale, through the supply chain into the owner’s home.
- Using the Data Mining Solution and analytical tools available, you will analyse Global Dyson data to identify fraud patterns, trends, crime and loss, publishing findings and hypothesise potential solutions to mitigate
- Interrogate data from markets across the Globe, prioritising your workload, with considerations of time zone and communication requirements
- Where necessary and using your loss prevention judgement, you will create an investigation case based on any findings requiring further investigation to be passed to the Profit Protection Team
- You will build, refine and schedule reports to the PP team and other key business stakeholders dependant on business needs
- You will monitor and triage any alerts triggered through the scheduled reporting, making judgements as to next steps
- You will be responsible for the Global Fraud day to day processes and procedures, such as chargeback analysis and representment, payments fraud decline analysis and external data protection requests relating to fraud from 3rd parties such as the Police
- Using the tools available, you will help to build a suite of fraud reporting and insights, to be shared at all levels of the business, including the Dyson Board
- Support and embed the newly developed fraud function, strategy and ways of working
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams e.g. Profit Protection, Finance, Supply Chain and Logistics, Operations, Retail and Commercial to enhance fraud detection and resolution.
- 3+ years’ experience of working in a Card-not-present fraud or Loss Prevention Environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- Independent and critical thinking
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Adaptable/flexible – able to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy – tireless in getting the right result
- Ability to work independently
- An innovative yet objective thinker
- Demonstrates a ‘can do’ / entrepreneurial attitude
- Tenacious and driven to get the best results
- Previous experience of using the IntelliQ Data Mining Solution
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.