- Netherlands - Amsterdam Office
Dyson began with James Dyson and a handful of engineers. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Tokyo, Western Europe and Australasia.
Dyson is a global technology company. Using a desire to make things work better as a catalyst for invention, our team of 3,000 engineers and scientists are passionate about developing technology that solves the problems others often ignore. From the world’s first bagless vacuum cleaner, to hand dryers that use 420mph sheets of air to remove moisture from hands, to a completely re-thought hair dryer with its motor in the handle, we are relentless about engineering better solutions. Dyson spends $8.8million a week on research and development and works with more than 40 universities worldwide to develop early-stage technologies. We are all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. But most of all we’re passionate about what we do.
About the Team
The Profit Protection function reports into the Global Security Director and was established in 2017. The Global Security Teams remit is broad and includes Cyber, Corporate Security, Technical Security, Crisis management and Information Security, alongside Profit Protection, providing opportunities to learn and diversify through a broad spectrum of specialisms. The Fraud Assessor role reports into the Fraud Prevention and Investigations Manager who is the global strategic fraud lead for the creation and implementation of the Omni Chanel fraud strategy.
The Profit Protection team is to ensure that Dyson people, assets and reputation are secured with the adoption of a security posture relevant to the threats, the Dyson brand, and the countries where Dyson have an Omni channel Retail presence. In addition, the team is responsible for the security strategy and standards within the retail supply chain and any investigations concerning loss within the retail / logistics environment. This includes new product launches and all risks associated throughout the manufacture and adoption of the new machines and subsequent creation of marketing collateral and imagery. This then reaches into the reseller market and the risks associated to those reporting to sell Dyson products without approval to do so.
The team has a focus on strategic loss identification, prevention and reduction aspiring to utilise market leading best practice, technology and people. The Profit Protection team is a key function in the Retail Centre of Excellence, working with the functional owners of the Omni Chanel strategy and cross functional teams throughout the organization to affect and influence the retail strategy ensuring that security by design is a key consideration in the process.
About the Role
The breadth of Profit Protections responsibilities within Dyson spans from manufacture to sale. Most customers in the retail sector use a blended Omni channel approach to selecting and purchasing products. Similarly, bad actors also adopt an Omni Channel approach and evidence of their activities is therefore distributed across multiple platforms. Offenders target retailers throughout their entire supply chain. Through a blended approach that includes big data analytics, artificial intelligence and fraud analysts, and mature organisations effectively manage fraud, ensuring the exposure to internal; external offenders are managed both proactively and reactively within agreed frameworks and tolerances. Dyson is on a strategic path to create a robust framework on which to manage our Online Fraud challenges and the introduction of the Fraud Assessor role is a pivotal element to this.
Taking strategic leadership and direction from the Fraud and Investigations Manager, the EMEA Fraud Assessor role will support, drive and embed the Omni Channel fraud strategy within the EMEA region. Using the network of Profit Protection Managers in market to respond and proactively seek to identify fraud red flags. Working collaboratively with their own in market team and other functional teams and with the analytical tools available, this role is to provide the fraud expertise to the region, to ensure a consistent approach to how Dyson manages their Omni Chanel fraud risk from payment to sale, through the supply chain into the owner’s home.
- Support and embed the newly developed fraud function, strategy and ways of working within EMEA Region
- Continually assess the effectiveness of the fraud prevention and control framework, through analysis of fraud declines, chargeback analysis, real-time fraud alert analysis and fraud data collected through call centres, re-selling and social media platforms
- Use this fraud analysis to recommend changes to existing fraud processes, enhancements and improvements to continually optimise the effectiveness of the fraud strategy
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams e.g. Profit Protection, Finance, Logistics, Operations, Retail and Commercial to enhance fraud detection and resolution.
- Support the identification of issues and trends impacting fraud operations and work with the relevant stakeholders to resolve/escalate
- Identify emerging fraud trends, to support the progression of any required investigations, working alongside the wider Profit Protection Team
- Person specification / Core Competencies and Behaviours:
- 3+ years’ experience of working in a Card-not-present fraud environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Independent and critical thinking
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Adaptable/flexible – able to multi task
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy – tireless in getting the right result
- Ability to work independently
- Fluent English speaking
- Good problem solving skills
- An innovative yet objective thinker
- Demonstrates a ‘can do’ / entrepreneurial attitude
- Tenacious and driven to get the best result
- Challenges themselves and others
- Formal qualification in online fraud prevention/investigations
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.