- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
About the role
Reporting to the Assistant Treasurer - Operations, the Front Office Senior Manager will be a key member of the Treasury team leading the execution of foreign exchange risk management and liquidity activities with banks and other external counterparties. The role will lead a team of 1-2 staff and be based in Dyson’s Headquarters in Singapore.
This role carries significant responsibility executing over £10 billion of FX transactions annually, managing liquidity across 9 global currency cash pools and accessing external borrowing as required to support operational liquidity needs. The role requires someone with strong execution capabilities and ability to operate in a high-pressure environment with tight deadlines. The role is also expected to take a strategic view of liquidity and risk management activities - identifying and implementing ongoing improvement initiatives.
- Lead the development and execution monthly foreign exchange (FX) hedging strategy, working with operational finance teams to ensure exposure forecast accuracy and ensuring resulting strategy is in compliance with Dyson approved policy.
- Ensure appropriate trading infrastructure in place to execute required foreign exchange trades with external counterparties. Maintain strong relationships with such counterparties to ensure efficient trading operations.
- Execute short-term borrowing actions to maintain appropriate liquidity during the month based on group cash forecast.
- Manage global cash pooling activities ensuring daily operations are executed efficiently and accurately. Ensure maximum amount of group cash is centralized and identify structural improvements to improve this result.
- Work closely with commercial and operational teams to advise on foreign exchange related matters ensuring transactional activity conducted appropriately to efficiently management foreign exchange risk.
- Monitor commodity and interest rate risks at a Group level and advise senior management on appropriate actions to take as the risks evolve.
- Maintain policies and procedures covering the areas of foreign exchange risk management and liquidity management to ensure the Group’s operations in these areas conducted efficiently and with highest level of control.
- Prepare senior management reporting, including Board reports, covering areas of foreign exchange and liquidity management.
- Support the Treasurer in external funding actions including debt raising and other capital markets activities.
- Assist Treasurer / Assistant Treasurer in various improvement actions with the ability to design and lead various projects including working cross-functionally.
About the candidate
- Ideally 5-10 years of experience in Treasury within a multi-national group.
- Competence in all areas of capital markets and liquidity management.
- Strong financial modelling and presentation skills. Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a global environment.
- Significant experience using MS Office applications, 360T and Bloomberg FXGO. SAP knowledge would be an advantage.
- A strong team player able to work cross-functionally with confidence to provide functional representation.
- Relevant undergraduate degree.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.