- SGD Competitive
- Singapore - Singapore
About the roleRegional Lead
- Strategic lead for all legal services provision for the APAC Region
- Member of the Leadership APAC Leadership Team
- Act as a trusted and valued advisor to Senior Leaders
- Directing internal and external resource to accomplish management of legal issues
- Responsible for day-to-day management of all legal team members in territory
Risk Management & Compliance
- Formulating a Legal Risk Profile for the APAC business and consulting with the Group General Counsel and the President of the APAC Business to agree how to address and mitigate against the risks identified
- Compilation and delivery of legal action plans for the region
- Work closely with the Legal Compliance & Ethics Director (including, but not limited to, conducting training and enforcement of the Dyson Code)
Litigation & External Stakeholders
- Experienced at dealing with courts and regulators in key markets of the region
- Experience of managing litigation
- Strong commercial risk assessment skills, with a clear understanding of where to draw the line between acceptable risk and behaviour that is unacceptable; plus, the strength of character to ensure the business is advised clearly on its obligations and does the right thing
Commercial Business Partner
- In conjunction with Group General Counsel and global legal team, developing and articulating a clear vision and development plan for the legal function within the APAC business
- Understand the business priorities and be central to business discussions and decisions
- Translate external legal advice into commercial business language
- Establish strong relations with partners internal and external
- Managing the budget to ensure legal services are provided in a strategically efficient way, meeting the doing more with less ethos
- Supporting the Group General Counsel to seamlessly match up the priorities for the business with the priorities of the Group legal strategy.
- Ensure legal support is provided on key projects through local market legal counsel
- Represent legal on significant business change projects such as moving from distributor to subsidiary or entering a new market
Leadership & Talent
- Nurture and develop a talented Legal Team and oversee a matrixed team in the areas of Compliance, Privacy and Competitor Strategy
- Create “esprit de corps” through the organisation
- Identify and champion top talent
- Develop strategies for succession planning
- Devise strategies for efficient operation of the legal advice service.
- Work with direct reports to maximise their potential
About youProfessional experience
- Proven success in a similar sized Matrix organisation in a similar role
- Will have managed lawyers in-house in more than one jurisdiction
- Commercial legal business partner – with a proven track record of results
- A tech or consumer goods background is advantageous
- Experience, gravitas and confidence to deal with all levels of management within the organisation, including at Group Headquarters
- Methodical and clear service planning experience and capability
Critical leadership competencies
- An excellent leader who can build and develop a high performing team.
- Possesses high EQ and drives a diverse and collaborative working culture encouraging openness, honesty and psychological safety. Builds strong team spirit and celebrates success.
- Empowers people to be responsible for their work, is comfortable with not having all answers and capable of unlocking ideas and strategies from the teams knowledge, experience and ideas.
- Balances a strategic view with a drive for operational excellence in the delivery of service
- Sets the pace and influences others to continually drive for improvement and results.
- Excellent business, commercial and financial management skills, with a clear understanding of how to create value for the business and balance cost and risk.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Clearly articulates a compelling vision for the team and develops a range of strategies to influence people to deliver business plans. Communicates comfortably and effectively with senior management as required.
- Consistently leads by example, role modelling Dyson values and fostering the values in the team. Is highly self-reflective and seeks open feedback, with a clear commitment to self-improvement.
- An experienced and effective decision-maker: comfortable with change and ambiguity and can act without having the total bigger picture.
- Highly skilled at identifying and leading the organisation through change and is sensitive to the effect on different parts of the organisation
- A role model for building and maintaining a strong network of collaborative relationships across Dyson business units and geographies to deliver operational success and galvanise and involve people.
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.