- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
About the role
- Drive and manage procurement activities during new product introduction and represent Procurement in cross functional team meetings.
- To work jointly with the respective Procurement Engineer for ODM Projects on supplier selection and commodity strategy.
- Develop a standardized template for all ODM projects to ensure all Specification and commercial requirements are captured.
- Update and ensure implementation of Approved Vendor List (AVL).
- Own and manage the supplier relationships of all ODM suppliers.
- Cost benchmarking, RFx, negotiations of prices and terms & conditions.
- Ensuring that contracts with all ODM Suppliers are in place and comply with Dyson contractual requirements.
- Identify, submit and track the implementation of all ODM projects.
- Verify, negotiate and monitor the capex investments in our suppliers’ production lines for Dyson.
- Conduct New Supplier Visits / preliminary audits, and financial due diligence as part of Early Supplier Involvement.
- Support the creation of value engineering proposals and monitor their implementation.
- Implement new prices through our internal pricing tool and ensure that our contract manufacturers purchase at the new prices in a timely manner.
- Identify risk, minimize exposure and work closely with internal stakeholders to define and implement risk mitigating actions.
- Integrate effectively with a fast moving global Procurement team. The successful candidate must have a proven track-record of success as a Procurement professional in a corporate Procurement environment, handling a diverse range of high risk, high value spend categories, with technical complexity.
- Degree in Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience working in commodity management.
- Experience in running and managing ODM projects.
- Strong understanding of how ODMs operate from design to production.
- Proficient negotiator with proven abilities in influencing people at all levels in the organization.
- Good understanding of legal regulations and contract setting.
- ntegrate effectively with a fast moving global Procurement team. The successful candidate must have a proven track-record of success as a Procurement professional in a corporate Procurement environment, handling a diverse range of high risk, high value spend categories, with technical complexity.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.