- Malaysia - Development Centre
Dyson is a global technology company. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
About the role
The Global Commodity Manager is at the heart of direct procurement and will manage all strategic procurement activities for Harness & Powercord Projects. The commodity includes all and any projects that use a Harness & Powercord for the design and manufacture of electronic assemblies which can range from Cord free to Environmental. That means you are accountable for all
procurement activities from the very first design-in consideration of any
electronics assembly into a Dyson product, all the way through the design
cycle, to production start, mass production and end of life.
Partnering closely with key stakeholders in RDD Engineering, Finance and Operations, the Direct Materials Procurement team support and develop the procurement and supply chain strategies that will help define Dyson’s future success. As part of the Global Manufacturing and Procurement Team, GCMs lead and drive procurement activity across all categories including new
technologies and production continuity.
- Drive and manage procurement activities during new product introduction and represent Procurement in cross functional team meetings.
- To work jointly with the respective Procurement Engineer for Harness & Powercord Projects on supplier selection and commodity strategy.
- Update and ensure implementation of Approved Vendor List (AVL).
- Own and manage the supplier relationships of all Harness & Powercord suppliers.
- Cost benchmarking, RFx, negotiations of prices and terms & conditions.
- Ensuring that contracts with all Harness & Powercord Suppliers are in place and comply with Dyson contractual requirements.
- Identify, submit and track the implementation of all Harness & Powercord projects.
- Verify, negotiate and monitor the capex investments in our suppliers’ production lines for Dyson.
- Conduct New Supplier Visits / preliminary audits, and financial due diligence as part of Early Supplier Involvement.
- Support the creation of value engineering proposals and monitor their implementation.
- Implement new prices through our internal pricing tool and ensure that our contract manufacturers purchase at the new prices in a timely manner.
- Identify risk, minimize exposure and work closely with internal stakeholders to define and implement risk mitigating actions.
- Degree in Engineering (preferred, non-essential)
- At least 5 years of experience working in commodity management, preference would be Elec-Mech commodity
- Experience in running and managing commodity projects,
- Strong understanding of the how suppliers operate from design to production.
- Proficient negotiator with proven abilities in influencing people at all levels in the organization.
- Good understanding of legal regulations and contract setting.
- Demonstrable history of procurement success, strategic sourcing experience and project management capability
- Good verbal and written communication skills (in English) for reporting to all stakeholders at different levels and the ability to convey issues concisely and accurately to all levels within the organisation
- Integrate effectively with a fast-moving global Procurement team. The successful candidate must have a proven track-record of success as a Procurement professional in a corporate Procurement environment, handling a diverse range of high risk, high value spend categories, with technical complexity.
- Self-starter with the ability to drive procurement activity in an efficient and organised manner
- Resilient, collaborative, creative and attuned, this individual demonstrates a clear passion for Procurement and the benefits it can bring to a business
- Experience in working with internal and external Senior Level stakeholders, and in managing strategic relationships highly desirable
- You are comfortable communicating well on a one-on-one basis as well as with medium to large sized groups, demonstrating flexibility and tailoring presentation to target audience
- Good Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills and the ability to present to stakeholder groups and cross-functional teams.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions (i.e. common sense and not embarrassed to ask "silly" questions).
- Strong process orientation to govern and manage projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build productive working relationships and influence others.
- Assertiveness, a proactive approach, forward thinking and good attention to detail.
- The ability to challenge the norm and look for new ways of doing things.
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.