- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
About the roleJob purpose
- Responsible for spend of USD 25M
- To become the Dyson Global Commodity Expert for their Commodity
- To be responsible for the Global Commodity Strategy for these commodities, constantly reviewing and maintaining its relevance to the Company Blueprint, Company technology roadmap, Global Mega trends and market forces, both globally and within region/locality.
- The role will ensure adherence to the complete Global Commodity process (including, but not limited to, the RFQ for initial project development, transferred projects and current projects) according to company policy and the 5 rights approach. (Right source/quality/cost/qty/time).
- To be responsible for the Global Commodity to all senior internal and senior external stakeholders.
- Supplier Relationship Management (SRM). Senior interface with the Suppliers in their Commodity. Identifying and implementing SRM development plans for all the suppliers within their Commodity.
- To be responsible for organizing, utilizing and leading both internal and external resources to ensure the Global commodity objectives are achieved. E.g. Procurement engineers on “early supplier involvement”, New Product Introduction and Engineering teams on transferred development projects providing expertise and support to meet project milestones. Managing the Supply base to deliver sourcing on cost, on time and right quality.
- Supplier price and contract negotiation for all parts within their Global Commodity
- Supplier relationship management for all suppliers within their Global Commodity
- Stakeholder management and communication, primarily at a senior level, internally and externally
- Commodity and Strategy. Commodity strategy for all parts within their Global Commodity
- Supplier Relationship Management. Supplier strategy for all suppliers within their Global Commodity
- Cross functional commodity lead – will lead cross functional teams relevant to their Global Commodity
- Supplier risk management – for all parts and suppliers within their Global Commodity, including mitigation plans and closure actions.
- Supplier development – will lead supplier development programs relevant to their Commodity Strategy
- Commodity market intelligence – responsible for gathering and informing stakeholders of all relevant market/supplier intelligence; Globally, regionally and locally
- Responsible for “End to End” performance of their commodities
- Engineering Degree level qualification or above
- Substantial experience in Commodity Management and direct material sourcing, ideally within Paint and its associated manufacturing processes
- Has previously Managed Product Development and various types of Commodities.
- Proficient negotiator with proven abilities in influencing people at all levels in the organization
- Good knowledge of legal regulations and contract setting
- Self-motivated, accurate and operates with the highest ethical standards. be tough but fair
- Demonstrate understanding of technical, manufacturing and testing methods and processes relevant to Filtration and Filtration Media
- Proven track record of proactive leadership of complex, global programs
- Proven track record of successful Commodity Management.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- CIPS (or equivalent) purchasing qualification
- Automotive / Aerospace / Defence / FMCG background
- Experience of lean manufacturing and or Commodity manufacturing experience.
- Experienced qualified Auditor
Behaviours:Communication & Negotiation
- You are comfortable communicating well on a one-on-one basis as well as with medium to large sized groups, demonstrating flexibility and tailoring presentation to target audience
- You convey information clearly and concisely to ensure team members remain focused on agenda items.
- You explain benefits to stakeholders to gain acceptance of any change by giving relevant information, analyses, and making sound and confident recommendations
- You adjust your style & behaviors appropriately to secure the best outcome
- You recognizes when an agreement cannot be reached and develop a plan that leads to BATNA (best alternative to a negotiated agreement) being achieved
- You develop trust in difficult scenarios amongst all parties involved in a negotiation process
- You are able to persuade senior colleagues / stake holders to change leadership position or approach to better fit a situational need
- You include the entire team in decision-making process when developing mission and goals for the division
- You are able to lead a cross functional team to create new systems or processes
- You review and gather information from relevant sources to support development of a strategic plan
- You develop and implement policy by determining target audience, building coalitions with the appropriate stakeholders, and developing a budget
- You solicit periodic feedback to continually improve the quality of your work
- You regularly visit other work sites to gain understanding of staff functions and daily tasks
- You take the lead on initiatives for increasing skills of the team and self
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.