- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
We are looking for an experienced Procurement Manager to manage our Sensors and Displays Commodities. Working in collaboration with internal stakeholders and external suppliers as well as contract manufacturers, you will strive for best-in-class supplier performance, position materials for supply assurance and flexibility in meeting product launch schedule. In addition, you will develop and drive Commodity Strategy.
Global commodity managers work collaboratively alongside our Procurement Engineering, RDD teams and provide front line support to Procurement project managers. You will manage and own existing and new supply chain partners through the RDD to Production process to ensure we are building robust new and current supply chains that have optimum cost, quality and performance outcomes.
- Full commercial responsibility of the Sensors and Displays Commodity across all product categories.
- Dual source activities - Work closely with commodity managers and engineering team (RDD) to implement alternative components
- Component qualification coordination - Follow up closely on qualification of alternative Displays and Sensor Assembly components to mitigate supply risk & as part of cost down activities.
- Responsible to work with category and engineering managers to build up commodity strategies based on product category requirements and needs.
- Key focal person to manage materials readiness to support project time plans. Coordinate with commodity managers and suppliers to fulfil project requirement.
- Screen markets for new manufacturers that meet our requirements; drive selection process and steer allocation decision.
- Negotiate and agree costs
- Demand change management - Work with supply chain and Supply Assurance and Flexibility team (SAF) on expediting of critical parts and material allocations with priority justifications.
- Support operations and supply chain to manage materials exposure in contract manufacturers to reduce liability. Work with suppliers on cancellation & rescheduling on materials to reduce exposure.
- Support RDD/engineering team on evaluation or validations build.
- Price management - Analyse BOM break down
- Components risk buy management - Manage risk buy components cost and manage PPV.
- Work with Category Procurement Managers (CPM) to manage the BOM scrubbing process – identify longevity of those components and components selections from Approved vendor list (AVL).
- Risk assessment management. Work closely with Category Procurement Managers (CPM) and commodity managers to identify risk components, support mitigation.
You will demonstrate a clear passion for Commodity Management and the benefits it can bring to our organisation. You will be able to smoothly navigate sometimes complex situations and be comfortable operating at all levels within the business. Technical know-how, commercial acumen, stakeholder management and influencing skills will be key for these roles. Resilience and the desire to bring about change is also essential.
- Degree in Engineering or Business.
- Experienced in management of electronics/elec-mechanical procurement
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills in monopolistic and competitive settings
- Cross-functional leadership.
- Ability and drive to work independently.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Has worked with and/or at manufacturers for Sensors and/ or displays.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.