- Information Technology
- Singapore - Technology Centre
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT is mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Cyber Security team
It’s no secret that our intellectual property is massively critical to our success. But how do we keep it from the prying eyes of the bad guys? Dyson’s Global Cyber Security department works effectively to keep our secrets secret and secure our crown jewels using advanced technologies to stay one step ahead of the game. We take a pragmatic approach, transforming cyber security in order to enhance our business resilience, enable our colleagues to move fast, delight our customers, and better manage potential cyber disruption. Investing in new cyber security capabilities across technology, process, and people, we build on and leverage our strong cyber security ecosystems to tackle future threats.
Our IT Security Risk & Compliance, Enterprise Security and Cyber Defence functions are the beating heart of Dyson’s Cyber Fusion Centre capabilities. Together, they enable the successful delivery of exciting new projects, help existing toolsets remain effective, enable and encourage compliance, balance red & blue team capabilities, and make sure that cyber security incidents are managed in a timely and efficient way.
About the role
The major focus of this role is to build and manage our global Cyber Defence functions (the core of the Cyber Fusion Centre including but not limited to Threat Intelligence and Vulnerability Services, Offensive Security, Bug Bounty Program, Security Operation Centre, Digital Forensic & Incident Response, Cyber Crisis Management) across operating locations (SG,UK,US), and ensuring fit-for-purpose cyber defence solutions are well-designed and implemented, and providing 24x7 security monitoring and incident response services that are consistently running across Dyson global network.
Your cyber defence services will be world class and will protect our most important assets - our customers and our intellectual property - whilst ensuring that our network, infrastructure systems, applications, information, research & manufacturing facilities and supply chain are securely monitored and protected. Your aim will be pioneering frictionless security, enabling the business to achieve their output and uptime goals through cyber resilience services and a strong cyber security culture, whilst delighting the people who use our products.
Alongside the above, you'll also be responsible for the following:
- Governance of the Dyson Cyber Fusion Centre (DCFC) and contribute to the strategic direction and definition of the global cyber transformation program to drive maturity.
- Defining strategy for DCFC, with a direct influence over Dyson’s Cyber Security agenda, IT capabilities and Business operations (including Dyson’s research and manufacturing, critical supply chain, data privacy, fraud, insider threat and brand protection) by identifying where there are opportunities for collaboration and maturity to capitalise on ‘cyber security’ as the competitive differentiator and business enabler.
- Establishing external strategic collaboration and relationship with government agencies (Singapore, United Kingdom), sector related information sharing and collaboration organizations (e.g. OT-ISAC), education institutes and third party intelligence & cyber defence partners to build world class intelligence led cyber defence operations to support Dyson’s global outreach.
- Build up wider Cyber security ecosystems in contributing to innovative use cases, solutions, and talent development to enhance security maturity in Dyson and it’s partner ecosystems.
- Pioneering new security capabilities to enable and defence Dyson future ambition on AI, Data, Software, Robotic, Battery to innovate intelligence and connected product categories.
- Key expert in supporting Cyber Insurance renewal and coverage and to ensure future compliance obligation.
- Providing technical and people leadership and being accountable for strategy, technical architecture and roadmaps for Cyber Defence services.
- Working as part of the Cyber Security leadership team, you will become the trusted adviser of Cyber Security expertise in your areas, pro-actively providing security leadership and guidance to business divisions, IT leadership teams, project teams and 3rd party partners.
- Working as part of the Crisis Management Team (Cyber Lead) to define cyber crisis scenarios, playbooks, simulations and response plans to enhance emergency response and resilience to Cyber crisis.
- Developing, embedding and managing a world-class Cyber Defence function, ensuring our Enterprise IT, Dyson business units, and our people operate within a well-defined and understood cyber security risk appetite, including regular monitoring, reporting and escalation of security events and potential risks.
- Accountable for Cyber Defence related policies and standards, architecture, security best practice and advisory on cyber security elements of business and IT-led initiatives. The role requires both team management and hands on technical security expertise, and an ability to think strategically to help define our cyber security programme.
- Accountable for global threat and vulnerability services, ensure fit for purpose security services are designed and implemented to support Dyson global network. Starting form asset discovery, vulnerability scanning, application security testing to threat intelligences mapping, offensive & crowdsource security, security analytics to better predict or detect security issues for early risk mitigation.
- Accountable for global Cyber Defence Operations services, ensure fit for purpose security services are designed and implemented for detecting, responding to and managing security incidents to protect Dyson’s assets and reputation.
- Owns the planning, budget and direction for Cyber Defence and indirect influence to overall Cyber, IT and wider business budget to drive the security maturity based on Dyson cyber threat landscape and exposure.
- Manage vendor & supplier commercial relationship and service delivery, continuously explore and implement cost effective measures to optimize security investment (technology & support model).
- Influencing a broad range of senior stakeholders in various teams across the business, including IT senior leadership team, Group Security, Data Governance, Legal & Compliance, Privacy, Communication Team and Research & Engineering community. Therefore, you will need to build rapport quickly and project confidence in your actions and recommendations.
- Throughout your tasks you will ensure your recommended solutions are cost effective, observe industry good practice, exhibit appropriate security governance, and that the technologies you choose are adequately implemented and secured to support the needs of the business.
- Cultivate core relationships between internal stakeholders, external partners, and other 3rd party entities or regulatory bodies that support Dyson to effectively handling reported security incidents.
- Work alongside our CISO to contribute effectively to Dyson Cyber Security Transformation Journey.
We seek applications from individuals with an exceptional track-record of building and leading global Cyber Defence functions, encompassing a range of responsibilities including setup best in class cyber defence capabilities, proactively detect security vulnerabilities and use analytics to drive effective remediation, manage 24x7 Cyber Defence Operations to ensure effective operation of intrusion detection and timely incident response.
Alongside this, you'll bring the following:
- A highly self-motivated/resilience individual with positive and can-do mindset, and a strong believer of "Security as an enabler" to support business growth. Must be highly reliable, trustworthy & outcome oriented.
- Strong business acumen and diplomatic to deal with diverse situation and crisis, able to maintain strong relationship within internal Dyson network and external ecosystem (e.g. government, industry, instituition).
- Be able to break down silos, remove barrier of execution, acting as a change agent and resilient leader to support pragmatic security implementation during rapid business change process.
- Ability to evaluate & articulate risks, develop consensus, raise awareness and provide thoughtfully considered security solutions to diverse stakeholders group (including defined communication channels and relationship management).
- Demonstrable experience of developing strong partnerships across senior management teams within complex businesses, you'll possess the strength of character and conviction to make tough decisions when required.
- Ability to translate and distil complex technical information across all levels of the organization as required for the audience and to lead and manage a specialist based, high performing and multicultural teams in different locations.
- Expert knowledge to build and run for Security Operation Centre, Threat Intelligence & Vulnerability, Security Analytics, and Cyber Defence Operations services in large organization.
- Expert knowledge of current industry security threats, challenges and mitigation techniques.
- Practical knowledge of Network & Infrastructure Security, Malware & Threat Protection, Digital Workplace & Cloud Security, Data & Application Security, Identity & Privileged Access Management (Zero Trust), User Behaviour Analytics, SIEM/SOAR, etc.
- Practical knowledge of industry standard frameworks (ISO2700x/NIST/ITIL), best practices (CIS, SANs, OWASP, CSA) and regulations (PCI DSS, GDPR, China CSL etc).
- Strong knowledge for managing various type of security partners and vendors, including service management, commercial and relationship management.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.