- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Our Cyber Security team
It’s no secret that our intellectual property is massively critical to our success. But how do we keep it from the prying eyes of the bad guys? Dyson’s Global Cyber Security department works effectively to keep our secrets secret and secure our crown jewels using advanced technologies to stay one step ahead of the game. We take a pragmatic approach, transforming cyber security in order to enhance our business resilience, enable our colleagues to move fast, delight our customers, and better manage potential cyber disruption. Investing in new cyber security capabilities across technology, process, and people, we build on and leverage our strong cyber security ecosystems to tackle future threats.
Our IT Security Risk & Compliance, Enterprise Security and Cyber Defence functions are the beating heart of Dyson’s Cyber Fusion Centre capabilities. Together, they enable the successful delivery of exciting new projects, help existing toolsets remain effective, enable and encourage compliance, balance red & blue team capabilities, and make sure that cyber security incidents are managed in a timely and efficient way.
About the roleThe major focus of this role is developing the various teams within the globally diverse Enterprise Security Architecture functions including Enterprise IT, Business Applicaton, Product and Manufacturing related security services, ensuring that cyber security is thoughtfully implemented at every stage of our product journey; from our research and design facilities, through our highly-automated plants, and into the hands of our customers. Besides you need to oversight fit-for-purpose enterprise security target architecture, ensuring the security solutions are well-designed and implemented, and keeping highly available & scalable security operations services are consistently running across Dyson global network.
Your security solutions will be world class and will protect our most important assets – our people, our customers, and our intellectual property. Your aim will be frictionless security, enabling the business to achieve their output and uptime goals through intelligent security solutions and a strong cyber security culture, whilst delighting the people who use our products.
Alongside the above, you'll also be responsible for the following:
- Providing technical and people leadership and being accountable for the development, implementation, communication, maintenance and governance of the cyber security strategy, technical architecture and roadmaps for Enterprise Security services.
- Working as part of the Cyber Security leadership team, you will become the trusted adviser of Cyber Security expertise in your areas, pro-actively providing security leadership and guidance to business divisions, IT leadership teams, project teams and 3rd party partners.
- Developing, embedding and managing a world-class Enterprise Security function (covering the security architecture and engineering support for Enterprise IT solutions, Business Applications, Product and Manufacturing Security) in collaboration with our Global IT teams, 3rd parties and strategic partners, ensuring our Enterprise IT systems, product developement and manufacturing plants and business units operate within security risk appetite; including regular monitoring, reporting and escalation of security events and potential risks.
- Working as part of the Global Cyber Security leadership team, you will become the trusted adviser for cyber security expertise in your areas, pro-actively providing security leadership and guidance to business divisions, projects and 3rd parties relating to IT, OT, ICS/SCADA, IoT, embedded systems, and connectivity. Your work will enable and empower our colleagues involved in research projects, product design, operations, and manufacturing.
- Lead teams of highly skilled cyber security experts, setting direction, keeping their skills current, and ensuring they are empowered to deliver leading class security consultancy and solutions.
- Work closely with leadership team within our Commercial, Research, Design & Development function to ensure our ecommericial platform, embedded software and connected home eco-system is protected against the latest threats and that we meet (and often define) best practice and emerging standards in these domains.
- Manage Enterprise Security Budgets, work across cyber security functions to prepare business cases for new initiatives, and periodically review financial forecast /actual expenses.
- Manage vendor & supplier commercial relationship, continuously explore and implement cost effective measures to optimize security investment (technology & support model).
- Cultivate core relationships between internal stakeholders, external partners, and other 3rd party entities or regulatory bodies in support of Dyson’s Enterprise IT, application, product and manufacturing security aims.
- Work alongside our CISO to contribute effectively to Dyson Cyber Transforamtion Journey.
About youWe seek applications from individuals with an exceptional track-record of building and leading global enterprise security architecture teams encompassing a range of responsibilities, including Enterprise IT security, business application security, product and manufacturing security to offer best in class security consultancy services and solutions to Dyson internal stakeholders.
With a commercial mindset and demonstrable experience of developing strong partnerships across senior management teams within complex businesses, you'll possess the strength of character and conviction to make the tough decisions when required, and able to influence key stakeholders to drive positive changes in a fast pace, agile and challenging environment.
Alongside this, you'll bring the following:
- A high level of self-motivation, a positive mindset and a can-do attitude. You will be a strong believer of “security as an enabler” to support business growth. You must have the ability and resilience to build and enhance security maturity alongside with multiple demands and challenges to support BAU and New projects.
- Expert knowledge and hand-on implementation experience specific to Network & Infrastructure Security, Application Security, Cloud & Mobility Security (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, CDN), Data/Database Security, etc.
- Expert knowledge and experience specific to product and manufacturing security (IoT, OT, ICS/SCADA, Mobile Application, Infrastructure, Network, Cloud, Database).
- Expert knowledge of DevOps practices and embedding security in the software development life-cycle.
- Expert knowledge of current industry security threats, challenges and mitigation techniques.
- Strong understanding of IT Security Controls (FW/IPS/IDS/DDOS, NGAV/EDR/MDR, Identity Access Management, Zero Trust Access, SIEM & SOAR, etc.).
- Practical knowledge of industry standard frameworks (ISO 2700x, NIST, ITIL, etc.), best practices (CIS, SANs, OWASP, CSA) and regulations (PCI DSS, GDPR, China CSL etc).
- Demonstrable experience of managing and implementing Enterprise Security services in large organisations.
- Strong knowledge for managing various type of security partners and vendors, including service management and financial cost management.
- Ability to evaluate & articulate risks, develop consensus, raise awareness and provide thoughtfully considered security solutions to various key business stakeholders.
- Ability to translate and distil complex technical information across all levels of the organization as required for the audience.
- Ability to effectively develops and manages all defined communication channels and relationship management with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Ability to lead and manage a specialist based, high performing and multicultural teams in different locations.
- Must be highly reliable, trustworthy, commitment & outcome oriented.
Our culture is unique. It's not easy or comfortable. It's certainly not for everyone, but if you thrive on challenge and are excited by change – it could be for you.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.