- SG$ Competitive
- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson Estates consists of 160 properties including offices, RDD facilities, manufacturing sites and direct retail stores and is growing with the expansion of our HQ in Singapore – St James Power Station.
Dyson is rapidly expanding; in its new and core categories, and across all of its global markets. The next five years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. By 2025, there will be 100 new machines, 3 new product portfolios and Dyson’s headcount will have grown. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is working towards creating great spaces to work and create in.
About the roleOur mission is to bring Dyson technology to life, to provide workspaces that match our business aspirations. We create spaces that support our employees wellbeing and provide facilities that enable our people to be the best they can be at their job.
Reporting into the CFO, the Global Estates Director role will be responsible for management of the operational facilities for Dyson globally. Spanning over 75 countries across 160 properties, with new real estate primarily in SEA and focus on opening our new global HQ St James Power Station.
The role will include facility planning, design and management to include new constructions and renovation projects, building systems, maintenance and operations, tenant and customer relations, and associated facility expense and capital budgetforecasting.
Skills and expertise as a customer-focused strategic leader, collaborator and influencer are key to interacting effectively with the various stakeholders including the board, third parties and the global facilities and estates teams.
You will be responsible for managing the following services, within approved parameters of cost and service level, at all times seeking best value:
- Building operations and maintenance
- Engineering services operations and maintenance
- Capital development projects (minor works through to strategic developments)
- Asset Management and compliance
- Grounds operations and maintenance
- Procurement and management of utilities (water, gas, electricity, oil)
- Factoring services including leases, acquisitions, disposals, rating
- Cleaning services and waste disposal
- Portering and mail services
- Security services
- Space management including CAFM
- Procurement and maintenance of loose furnishings
- Car parking
- Catering services
- Operational H&S including Duty Managers, first aid, fire wardens, etc.
- Environmental and sustainability concerns
About youProfessional experience
- Proven track record of working in a global or regional remit at all levels; building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders around the business. Experience operating in APAC is a must.
- Leadership and management experience of both internal and external multi-disciplinary corporate real estate teams including Estates / Asset Management, Facilities Management, Capital Projects, Health and Safety; delivering strategic and tactical solutions to underpin business strategy.
- Ability to drive strategic change, via the skills to advise when to consolidate and outsource vs. retention in-house.
- Ability to deliver complex capital projects and support the design process and the procurement of necessary suppliers.
- Experience of managing transformation projects and leading new operating models.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation (e.g. Construction and Facilities Industry, Building Regulations, Health & Safety and Equality Act 2010) in a practical Estates context.
- A sound understanding of financial aspects of management including the planning and management of large-scale capital expenditure, and with departmental budget management.
- Experience of assessing and managing risk effectively to optimising resources to meet current and future business needs.
- A proven track record of managing a complex property portfolio (including RDD and Manufacturing), staff, systems and processes in a agile environment.
- A degree or relevant extensive experience in a related subject
- A chartered professional qualification in a property/built environment related discipline (architecture, building, engineering, facilities management or surveying).
- Be a strategic thinker, capable of managing multiple sites and projects.
- Be a great people leader who can lead an effective and well-motivated, multi-disciplinary, multi-site and multi-task estates and facilities team and their Leadership Team in line with our High Performance Culture.
- Have a proven ability to be able to contribute constructively to both operational and strategic management.
- Have resilience, stamina and reliability under pressure, showing the ability to respond appropriately to user demands and expectations.
- Possess high levels of probity, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Possess high level strategic planning and organisational skills, including forward planning and forecasting.
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.