- Singapore - Singapore
- Align with the business requirements within the approved CAPEX budget;
- Deliver in line with the business’ timeframe requirements;
- Ensure robust governance and reporting on supplier selection and management;
- Ensure Dyson design guidelines and standards are upheld.
The position is located in Singapore and reports to the Global Estates Director, (based in the UK).
About the role1.Strategy & Pipeline
- Keep abreast of strategy to keep ahead of potential pipeline to support business direction.
- Actively participating in the company’s portfolio strategic planning process.
- Evaluating capital improvement and physical infrastructure needs and requirements throughout the Dyson’s real estate portfolio.
- Own governance process for Capital Projects and Programs and ensure adhered to across the global business.
- Develop annual pipeline to feed CAPEX budget.
- Recommending capital expenditure strategies that take return on investment and other financial impacts into account, including consideration of energy conservation and management.
2.Definition & Procurement
- Ensure business requirements are gathered from stakeholders, translated and assessed to create Capital Projects and Programs.
- Oversee business case development and sponsor through approvals process.
- Drive a culture of evidence based decision making.
- Establish delivery strategy for Capital Projects and Programs at Dyson and ensure procurement and commercial management processes reflect market practices and achieve value for money solutions.
- Work closely with Architecture & Design to deliver Dyson standard design within boundaries of time, specification and costs.
- Challenge concepts, derive alternative methodology and drive value based solutions.
- Take an active role in the largest and most complex contract negotiations to ensure commercial viability and performance.
- Embed scalable and relevant global processes, best practice and service delivery.
- Deep local experience in SEA as well as APAC and Greater China
- Ensure strong project and program management processes are in place and employed by internal and external parties managing Dyson Capital Projects and Programs.
- Have oversight of all Capital Projects and Programs underway to maintain understanding of potential risks and issues to manage and communicate them as appropriate.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement amongst in-house and external program teams to drive trajectory of ‘better’ project to project in line with Dyson’s values.
- Achieve consistency and excellence in global reporting to enable the business to have up to date visibility of the capital programs portfolio.
- Own the CAPEX budget, including maintaining business case integrity, managing deployment costs and working with Finance on benefits tracking and financial reporting.
- Work closely with finance to manage CAPEX accounting and provide up to date visibility of the portfolio of programs at any point in time.
- Understand perspective of both Group and Market when supporting and influencing CAPEX decisions.
- The role ensures the right stakeholders are engaged at the right time, as well as reporting status, risks, issues and key metrics on Capital Programs to senior stakeholders.
5.Leadership & Talent
- Create “esprit de corps” through the organisation.
- Identify and champion top talent.
- Develop strategies for succession planning.
- Work with direct reports to maximise their potential.
- Assist in the recruitment of senior capital programs hires globally.
- Lead high performing team across multiple and culturally diverse geographies.
- Experience managing in house and third party program managers on high profile complex projects
- Proven success in a similar sized matrix organisation in a similar role
- A minimum of 15 years of real estate development, planning, investment, engineering, or construction management experience
- Proven successful delivery of large-scale capital programs across a number of different asset types, predominantly office, R&D and manufacturing
- Experience of managing a remote team in diverse geographical locations
- A tech or consumer goods background is advantageous
- Experience, gravitas and confidence to deal with all levels of management within the organisation, including at Group
- A leader of people able to energise and build a team to deliver ambitious growth targets while managing some ambiguity
- Methodical and clear service planning capability
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent team leadership abilities
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent personal and business presentation skills
- Strong team player capable of building and motivating teams
- Decisive and excellent influencer
- Self-starter who sees things to completion
- Entrepreneurial flair
- Confident with gravitas to challenge decisions and actions when required.
- Energetic, engaging and positive approach
- Assertive, prepared to see through plans and overcome objections
- Intelligent, quick-thinking, alert
- Calm, logical, comfortable with all levels
- Results driven
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.