- Information Technology
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers. The aim of Dyson IT is to create robust IT architecture, to manage data and processes effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth, and success.
Dyson’s Global IT – Retail Systems Function – will have end-to-end accountability for the strategic roadmap, design, delivery and support of all business applications enabling Dysons global direct retail function.
The Head of Retail Systems works closely with global and regional business stakeholders, strategic technology partners, other internal IT professionals and application delivery teams to develop the roadmap, initiate and oversee the delivery of programmes, projects, enhancements and operational support for all systems in Dyson’s direct retail estate. As the Head of Retail Systems, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing overall team leadership to the Retail Systems team – a team of diverse technology professionals with skills spanning Solution Architecture, Technical Product Ownership, Program and Project Management, Business Analysis and Operations.
- For the extended Retail Systems team, ensure appropriate focus to career and development planning, succession planning, recruitment and onboarding and general culture shaping within the Dyson IT organization.
- Working with business leaders, product owners, solution architects, strategic partners and 3rd parties to define, implement and manage Retail Systems strategy and roadmap.
- Where relevant and depending on the product, oversee DevSecOps for the Retail Systems team to deliver operational enhancements and projects.
- Providing guidance to IT leadership, key stakeholders and other colleagues as required to maximize value of the platform architecture.
- Build and maintain a portfolio plan to deliver all committed projects and programmes with up to a three-year horizon including oversight for the technology aspect of Dysons global direct retail expansion plans.
- Together with Indirect Procurement and relevant business leaders, provide overall IT ownership in the management of vendor relationships to negotiate, contract and manage software, software integrator and other 3rd parties to deliver upon the domain roadmap.
- Working with strategic partners and third parties to understand future trends, innovation and opportunities for the Retail Technology application landscape.
- Working within defined methodologies relevant to your domain for successful delivery of all committed programmes and projects to time, spec, cost and quality.
- Provide direction for all project risks and issues ensuring effective mitigations and resolutions are in place.
- Acting as the platform authority with IT and Business stakeholders to ensure compliance with technical principles, design governance and delivery ways of working.
- Identifying gaps in platform capabilities and working proactively to influence IT/Business budget owners and decision makers on appropriate actions to resolve.
- Maintaining a technical debt register for the Dyson Retail Systems estate and working with technical delivery teams to prioritize activities for reduction of technical debt
- Manage 24/7 or 24/5 (depending on platform) follow the sun global application support processes to provide support within predefined SLAs to the global Dyson business operations teams.
- Cover Senior Management escalations for major incidents within Dyson's Global Direct Retail space.
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven with a strong sense of accountability
- Adaptable with natural ability to thrive in complex and ambiguous situations
- Ability to form strong relationships and with a natural collaborative nature
- Experience of developing and delivering IT roadmaps and programme plans to meet business needs
- Excellent communication skills and customer facing skills, with an ability to communicate complex ideas simply at all levels of the organization
- Experience and a proven track record of owning and maintaining retail technology platforms
- Familiarity with the ecosystem of Retail technologies, processes and partners (e.g. POS, payment systems, customer tracking & analytics, media management, O2O, retail analytics)
- Demonstrated functional and technical knowledge in point-of-sale (POS) solution architecture (myPOS Connect, Cegid, Oracle, Diebold-Nixdorf, NCR, LS-Retail or similar)
- Experience with industry standards including GDPR and PCI compliance
- Proven track record managing third-party vendor relationships
- Strong sense of curiosity and desire to stay abreast of changes and innovations in the market of Retail technologies
- Some travel may be required #LI-DYSON
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.