- SGD Competitive
- Singapore - Singapore
About the roleThe role will be responsible for product cost across all categories from project initiation through to in life cost management. The role will work closely with procurement, engineering, NPI and manufacturing bringing to bear your experience and knowledge to challenge and reduce costs. The product cost along with time, specification and benefit is a key focus area for product development and investment appraisal within Dyson.
- Transition and manage the current team into one global team
- Managing the systematic activities, processes and systems throughout the product life cycle to find the lowest possible cost
- Implement product cost evaluation further upstream in the product development cycle
- Evaluating multiple design alternatives for lowest cost during NPI stage
- Manage the product cost assessment throughout the product development milestone process
- Evaluating multiple manufacturing and tolling alternatives for lowest cost including make or buy analysis
- Generating a detailed ‘should cost ‘ to validate supplier quotes and ensure lowest pricing
- Manage the analysis of current prices of entire commodity groups to find over cost outliers
- Evaluating multiple cost down idea on current products to identify the high potential reduction in shortest amount of time
- Manage and implement appropriate to tools to enable effective product cost management and cost reduction
- Manage the annual budget DDU setting process for all products – Finished Goods and Spares and Accessories
- Manage process of agreeing actual DDU costs with Contract Manufacturers
- Financial management of the Price Product Variance (PPV)
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Able to manage complexity, competing interests and conflicting priorities
- Ability to challenge preconceptions and entrenched beliefs
- Ability to develop, assess and advocate strategic options
- Credibility across a multi-functional organisation as somebody
- Demonstrated track record of designing and implementing and managing highly effective product cost teams.
- Experience of premium consumer and/or technology businesses
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- High intellect and integrity
- High gravitas and personal impact
- Highly commercial but with excellent strategic instincts
- Overcomes functional and market boundaries to gain consensus and drive change
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.