- Singapore - Technology Centre
The procurement team is expanding to keep up with our ambition. This has created a new role for a Global Leadership positions within the procurement categories of Property & FM. This role is mostly ‘greenfield’ so is there for you to shape, with plans to grow the supporting team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take the leadership of a category with a global remit. We are looking for people who can create impact and will thrive within a dynamic environment. We are implementing the very latest procurement technology to help us deliver our goals.
The role reports to the Global Head of Indirect Procurement and is one of 4 “Heads of Category Procurement” roles in the Leadership Team of the Indirect Procurement organisation which has resources in the UK, Singapore, Sweden, Malaysia, The Philippines, Poland, Japan, China and the US.
About the Role
- Proactive communication and engagement with respective internal/external stakeholders around the world to understand procurement requirements prior to undertaking procurement process including sourcing, negotiating, obtaining approvals, management and evaluation of vendors for management’s decision.
- Analysis including assessment of financial position and technical capability of potential vendors prior to award of tender/contract packages (pre-qualification exercise)
- Budget tracking for reporting of financial status and target/actual savings achievements for procured packages
- Monitor and manage protocols/process controls documents to meet project deliverables and ensure procurement process are fully complied
- Establish appropriate supplier relationship management
- Support setup of contract management workflow, contract templates & filing methodology
- Partner with other functional stakeholders in Dyson to ensure effective operations in overall procurement related activities for better management of risks (finance, project risks & legal issues) as well as external stakeholders such as Project Management and Cost Consultants.
- Prepare regular updates and overview of project expenditure, commitment forecasts and cashflow projections
- Receive Cost Consultant reports, check and challenge of these reports, and input into project workbooks for centralised reporting
- Consult with finance to prepare capital planning and expenses classification
- Support developing project budgets for pipeline projects and creation of Capex budget requests
- Presentation of cost and contractual related issues
- Formulate and develop monthly Cost Reports to track costs/expenditures updates
Interface with Stakeholders
- Maintain long-term relationship with key stakeholders to encourage collaboration in procurement management process to achieve best value for business operation
- Coordinate with finance for cost management activities
- Interact between stakeholders, consultants, vendors and contractors regarding Change Management
Project Inception Stage
- Establish and implement protocols, standard procedures and policies on procurement, contract and cost management for project operations/execution
On-going Project Execution
- Provide ad-hoc cost estimates required for the project when requested
- Review and optimise quotations and proposal submissions from contractors/vendors/service providers to ensure prices/rates are within reasonable range
- Regulate and process Variation Order and progress claims / invoices.
- Contribute to Financial Close-out and finalisation of contract packages/final account
- Optimisation and deployment of improved work processes and lesson learned from completed contract packages
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience of working Globally with large scale property builds – including Capital projects: examples being: Industrial production facilities, Head offices and large Campus builds – as well as facilities management.
- Must have significant experience of working with business stakeholders up to C-suite
- Must have significant experience of working with subcontracted 3rd party services to include architects, surveyors, general contractors and PMO organisations.
- Must have significant project management experience and the ability to lead cross matrix teams as required.
- Must have significant experience of complex, high value contract negotiation e.g. contracts over £50m.
- Significant experience of the use of on-line tendering tools (like Ariba) to run the end-to-end tender process.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.