- Retail (Head Office)
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Global Retail Team (GRT) is responsible for creating a portfolio of retail systems for 3rd party retail as well as determining what Dyson direct retail looks like and how it should be run. The GRT works together with the regional Centres of Excellence (CoE’s) for the implementation and operation of Dyson retail in the markets.
The Head of Retail Marketing (HoRM) is responsible for all communication between the Retail Marketing Team and the regional CoE teams, making sure they are equipped with the information to perform in line with the retail vision and truly are an extension of the GRT, which is based in the Malmesbury head office. The Head of Retail Marketing oversees and influences the retail strategy in all regions and is able to negotiate on a high level.
The RM Team owns all briefs and it is therefore the responsibility of the HoRM that the briefs are driven through the team process of being activated and approved. Part of the approval process is the Briefing Review with various key GRT stakeholders, which the Head of Retail Marketing will chair. The briefs can have different sources; they can come from markets, from within the GRT, from our Commercial teams or from our Executive team and you will have to prioritise based on the briefing level.
The HoRM has a clear understanding of the activity in the Centres of Excellence globally (the Americas, APAC or Europe). Apart from building relationships with the Go-to-Market contacts in the regions and other key stakeholders, the HoRM should have expertise of all regions to influence the regional retail strategy and determine the appropriate retail marketing activities.
Furthermore, the HoRM should have an overview and knowledge of every Dyson product category (Floorcare, Environmental Control, Personal Care or Lighting & Professional) and lead the RM Team owners of those categories. The objective is launch new products and campaigns timely and effectively in retail and be the retail expert within the category discussions and planning.
The final area of responsibility is our retail systems. You will be responsible for owning the retail marketing strategy, activity and execution within the Direct flagship portfolio. This means working directly with the local key stakeholders to ensure our flagship store experience is world class and delivers the Dyson values of authentic, different and better. The HoRM will constantly evaluate the retail systems in the GRT portfolio (third party) and their lifecycles to ensure that those retail systems go through the change management programme of monitoring results and feedback, proposal and briefing of the improvements and finally the implementation of those improvements. The HoRM should have a great understanding of the development and supply chain process.
It is important to note that the members of the Retail Marketing Team will have to collaborate closely amongst each other so that the market, category and retail system knowledge is transferred fluidly across all team members for maximum effectiveness and shared expertise. The HoRM should facilitate information sharing meetings or tools within the RM and wider team.
The Head of Retail Marketing will provide support and direction on ‘bigger thinking’ projects such as future retail concepts and systems, ways of working and process planning, retail marketing strategy and initiatives.
This role will take full ownership of the teams briefs and driving them through the functions, whilst providing guardianship over the business priorities and ensuring the two are aligned.
Look for new opportunities that enhance the consumer experience, drive traffic and evolve our retail landscape. It is essential to have very strong interpersonal skills, be a great communicator and negotiator, have the overview of all ongoing projects, process new information quickly and be adaptable and influential. Must be prepared to travel if required.
- Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of frequent and clear communication between the Retail Marketing Team and the Go-to-Market (GTM) Managers in the Centres of Excellence, making sure they have all tools available to manage their markets and be a key player in the regional retail strategy.
- Leading the marketing activity for Direct Flagship portfolio and elevating in market capability through education and collaboration.
- Owning the budget for RM flagship activity.
- Give direction on market briefs globally, questioning if they fit the strategy and negotiate to adjust if needed and ensure they have all detail required for the GRT to work on them.
- Give direction on Commercial team briefs covering new product launches and campaigns, getting early visibility of the nature of the product or campaign, (distribution) strategy, marketing activity etc. to determine the right approach for retail and identify deliverables.
- Be an expert on the Commercial new product launch process regardless of the category.
- Work on internal GRT briefs relating to new retail systems, system updates or other requests, considering market, brand and commercial factors to deliver the best possible solution.
- Oversee and challenge the retail portfolio development and change management. Be an expert on the process how to make this happen operationally in order to fully understand impact on the wider GRT.
- Help shape Executive Team briefs, giving them the priority and urgency they need whilst using resource smartly and being mindful of the possible impact on other projects. Being able to assess impact on a global level.
- Own all of the above briefs from beginning to end, managing different teams and stakeholders to deliver according to the brief in a timely manner.
- Along with key functional stakeholders, own, drive and deliver retail projects that are suitably planned, governed, resourced and managed, working collaboratively in function and across teams, resolving day to day challenges.
- Mitigate and escalate issues where necessary to senior management. Maintain and update resource and status reports to ensure effective project governance and upward reporting.
- Be proactive and an expert in the process of the change management and new development of the retail systems, keeping them up-to-date, effective and efficient.
- Oversee and shape the retail marketing calendars of the Dyson Demo’s globally, make sure they are executed accordingly.
- Manage and develop direct reports and rest of the team so that they can perform on a high level and add value to the team.
High level Retail Marketing expert
Articulate with strong communication and people skills
Ability to see ‘the bigger picture’
Attention to detail
Can do attitude, passionate and flexible
Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
Able to work on multiple concurrent projects
Able to take on-board feedback and constructive criticism
Skills and experience required:
Retail Marketing and Brand Management experience
Expert understanding of retail strategy and planning
Strong analysis and reporting skills
Proven ability to own campaign kits and calendars
Strong communication and presentation skills
Excellent time and project management
Store concept development and fixture development an advantage
Ability to multitask is paramount
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines