- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson’s culture is unique; dynamic, inventive, technology-obsessed, and decidedly un-corporate. The mindset is geared to constant change and Dyson’s pace brings constant challenge. It’s not easy or comfortable, but it’s this way of working that drives performance. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up. “Good enough” isn’t good enough. Experiences are more important than experience. And attitude counts as much as aptitude.Dyson Commercial is responsible for taking this amazing technology to market, explaining how our machines are different and their benefits. We never share the stage, where we demonstrate our machines and their superiority we win.
About the roleThis role is far reaching and will rely on the ability to helicopter above the detail, owning the Retail Marketing strategy that drives the success of our physical retail environments, while diving into operational detail when necessary. The main objective of the role is to design & deliver authentic Dyson in-store activations and events that are delivered consistently globally, with the full support and engagement from the local market teams. You will own and manage the development of all NPD campaigns, the global Retail Marketing calendar and the development of communication guidelines for global execution and ensure adherence by working closely with the retail teams in market, in addition to market MDs, presidents, Global Experience Studio teams and Creative Directors.
The Global Head of Retail Marketing will work across multiple categories and functions to ensure the shopper journey is seamless and considered in all aspects of the retail experience. To ensure the Retail Marketing vision is delivered on brand, the role will work closely with the following teams in group retail, Operations, Concept Design, Training, Production and Centres of Excellence, and the local market teams globally. The role is far reaching and will work closely with the Global Planning and Operations Director, Global Owner Experience Director, and VP of Global Experience and Digital Transformation, in addition to being a key partner to the Retail Experience & Design Director.
The role is crucial to ensuring the shopper experience within our retail portfolio is delivered to the highest standards and is executed consistently on a global level. You will own the direction of our store marketing and most importantly providing the tools to our markets to execute our objective. It is crucial that you work closely with your key market contacts, MDs, and Global Experience counterparts to implement the Retail Marketing strategy.
- Create and drive the vison and strategy for Retail Experience across all Dyson Retail touchpoints, bridging the journey from physical to digital retail and vice-versa.
- Implement review and governance processes that line up with Engineering, Milestone, and Creative processes
- Take creative lead and ownership on Retail Marketing principles, directives, and strategy
- Take learnings from local market activity to continually innovate at pace
- Create new concepts, forward plan; prioritize briefs coming into the team to deliver NPD and New Markets Globally
- Have full working knowledge of the current and future product range
- Directly manage a growing and diverse team
- Create development opportunities for the team
- Highlighting and manage risks to key stakeholders including Retail Experience & Design Director, GTM and CoE teams
- Solutions focused to ensure we meet business objectives, allowing for local nuances
- Ensure communication between the team is constant
- Ensure the team is carrying out best practice and creating a toolkit for future activities
- Maintain a consistent standard across global markets
About youSkills Knowledge & Experience
- 10+ years of retail experience with demonstrable experience of working in multiple markets.
- Wholistic comprehension of retail including production, concept design, marketing, and people.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Comfortable overseeing multiple simultaneous projects; strong delegation skills.
- Financial and commercial acumen; familiar dealing with budgets and P&L’s.
- Strong communicator with outstanding stakeholder management skills. Comfortable presenting to varying levels of seniority both internally and externally. Proven experience of presenting work and influencing decision makers at the highest levels
- Can effectively cope with change, shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Experience of working with a ‘big idea’ then creatively managing it through integrated campaigns
- Ability to handle multiple projects whilst still delivering on schedule and to budget
- Empathetic and passionate leader.
- Highly collaborative.
- Ideal experience in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong at multi-tasking, good at prioritising and calm under pressure.
- Excellent communicator, experienced in communicating across functions and at all levels.
- Effective at building relationships within the team and across departments.
- Pro-active – prepared with solutions and anticipating problems.
- Organised and deadline orientated.
- Sense of ownership – committed to the delivery of projects.
- The ability to inspire and challenge.
- Creative thinker – able to think of solutions and new approaches.
- Strategic – able to see the bigger picture.
- Confident – strong at presenting ideas and debating when required.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.