- Dyson Services
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
About the role
From its origins in a small workshop in rural England, Dyson has grown into a technology company with a global footprint. We have offices from Auckland to Zurich, Moscow and Chicago, with our head office now in St James Power Station in Singapore. While engineering remains at our core, our passion for problem solving across different disciplines runs throughout our business We're a diverse workforce made up of people with different Dyson behaviours.
Our philosophy remains the same as it was 25 years ago when James Dyson invented the first cyclonic vacuum cleaner. We remain family-owned. We don’t bow to outside shareholders or report to the stock exchange. Instead we plot our own path, unshackled from conventional thinking.
Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes). We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. But most of all we’re passionate about what we do.
The Global Health and Safety Team’s (GHST) purpose is to contribute to Dyson’s future growth by maintaining a 5 star experience for our Employees, Students, Shoppers, Owner’s and Business Partners. This includes the prevention of foreseeable harm, optimal people performance and well-being, reducing our impact on our Environment and the avoidance of significant business disruption or other operational loss.
Reporting into the Chief Legal Officer, the job holder is responsible for leading the on-going development and implementation of a Global Health and Safety (H&S) strategy and transformational change across Dyson, driving thought leadership and ensuring we continue to deliver best in class Health and Safety across Dyson internally and our external partners.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
In the context of the scope of this role:
- Be the subject matter expert / primary point of contact, for all global escalated operational H&S management enquiries, advice, support, training, coaching and incidents.
- Manage and develop a best-in-class global Health and Safety Team.
- Maintain a comprehensive H&S and Environmental Gap Analysis and improvement plan (With a particular focus on statutory compliance and Dyson H&S Standards).
- Own, manage and maintain the Global H&S Management System (AVA) and Global H&S intranet site.
- Design and implement a Global H&S Internal assurance program.
- Partner with internal and external auditors/inspectors to ensure that support is provided to facilitate the close out of H&S actions.
- Ensure the Dyson maintains both life safety and operational resilience through effective global fire risk management.
- Support through partnering, capital projects to ensure that H&S matters are identified and considered at an early stage in the project. Ensuring operational H&S requirements are in place for all workplace projects.
- Continually review the occupational (hygiene/health) strategy / screening and workplace exposure monitoring requirements on a risk-based approach.
- Develop and deliver innovative and engaging H&S training.
- Undertake regular reporting on Health and Safety performance and provide updates at function head meetings (e.g. Chief of Research, GEO meetings), Exco’s, the Dyson leadership group and at least annually the Board
- Review all related H&S incidents. Provide assistance and support to managers and where necessary personally investigate serious H&S incidents to identify underlying causes; recording findings and recommendations. Personally investigate all major H&S incidents globally.
- Build and manage relationships with external regulators.
- Develop internal and external partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure ‘real-time’ risk reduction strategies are identified, implemented and monitored.
- Be an active member of the global Legal, Regulatory & Compliance Leadership Team.
Experience and other requirements:
- Experience in a senior H&S management role in a large, multinational organisation, preferably in a Technology company or similar organisation.
- Advanced working knowledge of Global H&S law and its application in practice across different geographical boundaries.
- The ability to deliver strategically aligned and innovative H&S solutions.
- Project management capability and IT skills.
- A commitment to excellence.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- A recognised Health & Safety qualification.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.