- Singapore - Singapore
The Global Mobility function continues to grow and support Dyson’s international assignees and mobility transfers across the globe, ranging from new hires to long serving employees, from graduate to Executive.
The Global Mobility/Immigration Consultant’s primary role is to support and manage the end to end process to enable successful assignments and permanent transfers; this involves managing external service suppliers as well as extensive interaction with employees. You will be the key contact for both the assignees, HRBPs and other internal clients requiring Global Mobility and immigration support.
· Lead on immigration in SEA to ensure as a Business we are operating according to compliance guidelines set by the local governments.
· Provide technical advice and guidance to HR and the business on all aspects of the assignment including immigration issues.
· Provide expertise on Global Mobility policies and program to HR and Business Leaders.
· Counsel HR Business Partners as well as Business Leaders on selection of the appropriate Global Mobility policy from our newly released suite of policies.
· Manage the full international assignment life cycle for assignees as well as partnering with the Senior Global Mobility Manager to manage high touch, “VIP’ services to all of the senior level assignees for APAC during all phases of the international assignment.
· Conduct comprehensive pre-assignment briefings including explanation of assignment compensation, relocation process, policy information, immigration, tax and health benefits.
· Primary contact for relocation vendor’s in delivering all aspects of the logistical relocation (e.g. shipping, destination services, immigration) including interpretation of policies if necessary, co-ordination of exception requests.
· Be an integral part of the Global Mobility team, and wider Reward team, on global initiatives, projects, development of processes, procedures and job tools; work to ensure consistency with global processes and procedures. Drive excellence and continually look to challenge and improve the way we operate.
· Strong academic background with BA/BS
· Previous experience in Global Mobility/Immigration is essential
· Experience of working for a large global organisation
· Good knowledge of SEA/APAC immigration would be an advantage
· Ability to work independently
· Solid quantitative and analytical skills
· Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and on a global scale
· Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills – strong customer service skills
· Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
· Cross cultural sensitivity required
· Knowledge of WorkDay and Equus’ AssignmentPro, though training will be given