- Planning and Retail Operations
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
Dyson employs over 14,000 people and is present in more than 80 countries. And while we are growing fast, we want Dyson to remain a start-up in spirit with the freedom of experimentation and learning, constantly reinventing our products as well as reinventing how we work, how we sell and how we support our owners. Research, Design and Development is the heart of Dyson products. Our people are focused on enabling hardware and software to work together, developing intelligent machines which understand and react to their environment to deliver superior performance. To this end, we invest over £7m per week into research and development and have over 200 live technology projects as well as 50 active research programmes with 40 universities. We plan to spend £100m over the next three years on external technology investments and have pledged to invest £1bn in the development of next generation battery technology. There is plenty to talk about.
About the Role
Dyson is on a journey to optimise its retail distribution and deliver a premium and consistent retail experience to every shopper at every touchpoint across their path to purchase journey. Our role is to excite customers and bring them to our retail spaces, after which we can showcase the Dyson technology in a retail setting that delights and encourages them to get hands on with our products. In physical retail we have more than 800 doors worldwide.
With an estate of this size that continues to grow, operational efficiency and excellence is paramount, not only to our customer and staff experience, but to our long-term profitability.
The Retail Operations Manager will support the Senior Retail Operations Manager as the lead contact for each market on how to optimally operate the stores. The successful candidate will work with cross functional stakeholders including IT, Security, Procurement, Logistics and H&S and our EMEA, APAC, Americas and Gr China markets.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drive operations excellence across markets and operational compliance. Focus areas include risk management, physical security, cash controls & banking, H&S, inventory management, audit readiness, IT infrastructure, collection of retail metrics.
- Cascade top-down operational best practice into markets, ensuring market applicability and relevance; at the same time champion the voices of the markets
- Create, define and refine operational processes for the markets; build and streamline the library of guidelines, programs and available SOPs for each market
- Promote a process driven culture aiming to make all stores compliant with standards like PCI DSS and conduct internal audits, business continuity plans and H&S risk assessments. Work on systems to monitor and track the highest of retail standards in the Dyson stores
- Orchestrate with stakeholders to build an overview of all in-store supports to markets and support the markets with the rollout of new store collateral and tools
- Implement services compliantly that optimise the shopper experience, engagement and conversion e.g. next day delivery, collection from store, virtual queuing.
- Be the first line of support: this includes training of store teams on operational procedures, compliance mechanisms and the roll out of new store services but also assistance on store hardware, H&S and other business critical functions.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- +8 years store operations or store management experience in for a similarly dynamic, international and complex organization.
- Good understanding of store systems & operational processes.
- Heavily invested in customer experience, optimizing shopper journey and service programs.
- Comprehensive understanding of premium retail experience and evolving shopper expectations.
- Demonstrable experience implementing large scale change / transformational projects.
- Experience communicating across boundaries and working in a matrix organisation.
- Excellent communicator with clinical written and verbal presentation skills. Digitally savvy.
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be contributing to live projects from the start so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in. But it’s not just about technical expertise. You’ll need to:
- Be passionate about retail; champion the shopper mindset.
- Comfortable working in ambiguity, taking the initiative and being proactive.
- Highly collaborative; a strong listener with an ability to listen to many different inputs and translate them into appropriate solutions.
- Able to breakdown complex, technical subject matter into digestible, bite-size chunks for non-experts.
- Curious, with a passion for problem solving. Not afraid to challenge convention, questioning previously accepted ways of working.
- Detailed and diligent; an analytical mindset that leaves no stone unturned. Logical with a pragmatic approach.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices, and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.