- Singapore - Technology Centre
Over the last 6 years, we have established our own retail proposition, opening more than 332 retail locations equally distributed in Dyson Demo Stores, Concessions and Partner Stores, across 27 different countries. Our ambition is to continue to grow our own direct and partner retail presence, taking the number of locations up to 500 by 2025. This role will take on the responsibility of ensuring that each store has the correct product assortment, at the right time and at the right price.
The role will report into to the Global Retail Operations Director and will be part of the Global Direct Retail Team, based in Singapore.
About the Role
The Global Planning and Assortment Manager will work closely with the regions and the markets to drive and ensure that the optimum category and product assortment is delivered on time against agreed targets. The role will act as the key contact on direct retail for global functions, amongst others: supply chain, planning, procurement, finance, production and commercial. The successful candidate will draw on their extensive assortment and promotional planning experience, robust analytical acumen, and excellent communication skills to support the planning and coordinate assortments, seasonal promotions and product launches.
This role is far reaching and will rely on the ability to helicopter into the detail and then out to look at the bigger picture and global strategy. We work in a matrix organisation where group head office sets direction and strategy while local markets execute and manage the daily operations and have P&L responsibility. Therefore, you must be used to operating in this matrix style and ideally have experience of operating on a global scale. Dyson moves at great pace, so flexibility, passion and high energy will be critical to success in this role. You must have a collaborative style and a proven track record of building strong relationships with key stakeholders at senior levels.
- Work with the Global Retail Operations Director and Global Functions, to ensure that product assortment and planning is executed in line with Dyson’s overarching vision and targets.
- Continuously gather feedback and data from all markets and work with them forward planning to ensure all activities are thought through. Build an understanding of the practical realities of local decisions, always seeking ways to improve upon these.
- Partner with planning and commercial teams to develop goals, pricing and promotional strategies, and daily demand plans for set product and brand KPIs.
- Define and embed retail planning fundamentals and consistent assortment planning methodology, cultivating an end-to-end process improvement mindset to adjust ways of working.
- Receive regular store inventory concerns from countries and regional retail leaders, therefore coordinate with relevant global and local functions systemic solutions to rectify ongoing and potential challenges.
- Acts as a change leader to support company initiatives and develop new processes with merchandising partners in an evolving operating model.
- In conjunction with regional and countries’ teams, coordinate, monitor and support the execution of promotional initiatives including analysis, promotional planning, product identification, messaging recommendations and pricing
- Identify global product needs to drive better sales
- Develop and maintain supply chain execution process documentation driving continuous process improvement in collaboration with relevant functions.
- Provide regular analysis of sell-out performance to the relevant category teams and contribute to strategic planning based on that analysis
- Understand the consumer retail environment including distribution points, share of buy, competitor ranges and pricing strategies.
- Build cross functional relationships with global, regional and countries’ functions to proactively evolve best practices and deliver continued retail excellence.
- Collect and coordinate from the countries the product proposition including retail price strategy, forecasting consolidation and phasing approach
- Support the planning and implementation of commercial and marketing initiatives related to new products.
- Monitor product offering across all markets ensuring brand consistency while aligning with local and cross channel merchandise and pricing strategy.
- Work with the Financial function making sure to maximise gross margin and financial objectives
Key Skills and Experience
- Experience in managing financial forecasts: evaluate inventory, gross margin and markdowns, etc.
- Experience analysing markets and trends, anticipating and finding opportunities.
- Identify problems and their root causes, with the ability to provide to deliver reliable long-term solutions
- Question accepted ways of doing things, defend a point of view, collaborate ceaselessly across the business and have a clear focus on getting things done.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the state of premium retail, as well as highest standards of client experience, using that knowledge to make sound business decisions
- Implement and enhance monitoring capabilities, focusing on exception-based predictive analytics and early warning triggers to reduce business impact.
- Be both Experience and Sales focused; driven to exceed expectations, constantly.
- Be Shopper champion – able to see things from the shopper perspective and go the extra mile to deliver a world class experience.
- Be comfortable working with complexity and ambiguity at pace
- Be resilient and self-motivated. Enjoy challenges and thrives on them
- Preferably a Degree in Science majoring in Management/Economics, Logistic/Supply Chain or Finance.
- 5+ years in a retail or FMCG related field, relevant working experiences in category/assortment planning or key account management.
- 3+ experience in working with SAP ECC/S4 Hana.
- Highly advanced analytical skills, statistical / forecasting proficiency.
- Strong financial and planning acumen and experience in developing strategy, presenting data and analysis.
- Highly flexible dynamic personality with the ability to effectively interact with both non-technical and technical resources alike. The ability to translate technical jargon into business language is a must.
- Pan-regional experience, ideally with global reach, in a similar dynamic, international and complex organisation.
- Agility and entrepreneurial spirit to support in finding new approaches and solutions.
- Able to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Problem solver and ability to spot areas for improvements.
- Organised, delivery focused and comfortable working on own initiative
- Experience in developing information requirements and taking a project from conceptualization to implementation.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities
- Strong analytical skills and ability to read data and translate them into actions
- Solid experience of coaching and mentoring retail teams.
- Self-motivated, dynamic, results-driven and assertive.
- Quick learner and willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on.
- Ethical, personal integrity.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.