- Retail Operations
- Singapore - Singapore
About the roleThe main purpose of this role is to partner the Global Retail Operations Director to own and drive the retail IT infrastructure for managing directly operated stores, whilst fully integrating into the overall Dyson IT landscape. The role will cover a combination of Product Owner and Retail IT responsibilities, working between Dyson Demo and IT to contribute to the delivery of both Direct Retail and IT projects. A key contributor to the overall retail IT strategy the role requires the ability to use data, insights and research to take projects from first draft proposal to proof of concept and eventually, rollout.
- Own retail systems and process analysis to support group retail with their overall strategic priorities
- Working closely within own team and stakeholders, setting direction, sharing information, giving accurate project/non-project updates
- Business partner with IT service and various business functions to define a support model for Direct Retail
- Actively monitor performance of IT Support to identify and recommend process improvements
- Collaborate with IT Application Services to define and prioritise requirements for future enhancements
- Review project documents (BRDs, CDDs, FDs) and sign off requirements, gaining approvals up to C suite level
- Own and the roadmap for continuous enhancement opportunities in the Retail business and system operations
- Support the wider business to leverage retail data for self-service analytics
- Responsible for business partnering IT to articulate retail needs and help them understand the impact of new and in-flight IT projects
- SME and Product Owner for Retail Systems with internal and external stakeholders
- Following up and verifying all BRD, PID and Functional Design Document shared by Retail IT for approval
- Understand, interrogate and interpret business cases and make recommendations for the best IT solutions to deliver global business objectives.
- Provide regular updates to Global VP and retail leadership on key strategic projects
- Experience of influencing cross functional, multi-disciplined teams to deliver objectives
- Experience of working with a ‘big idea’ then managing it through to practical solutions
- Proven experience of presenting work and influencing decision makers at the highest levels
- Ability to handle multiple projects, multiple disciplines globally whilst still delivering on schedule and to budget
- Ability to work on the big picture but also step in to the detail as needed
- Understanding of Retail Concepts, how to use data and insight to build strategic briefing documents
- Ability to present and explain technical information to diverse types of audiences (management, users, vendors, technical staff) in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding
- Preferably a Degree in Science majoring in Bachelors Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or Management / Economics or Engineering.
- Strong at multi-tasking, good at prioritizing and calm under pressure
- Excellent communicator, experienced in communicating across functions, multi culturally and at all levels
- Effective at building relationships within the team and across departments
- Pro-active – prepared with solutions and anticipating problems
- Organized and deadline orientated
- Sense of ownership – committed to the delivery of projects
- The ability to inspire and challenge
- Creative thinker – able to think of solutions and new approaches
- Strategic – able to see the bigger picture
- Confident – strong at presenting ideas and debating when required
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.