- Information Technology
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
Over the last 5 years, we’ve established our own retail proposition, opening 107 Dyson Direct & Partner Demo stores around the world (across 14 different markets). Our ambition is to continue to grow our own retail presence, taking the number of stores up to more than 200 within the next 24 months. That’s really just the start and our plans will continue to grow and evolve in line with the plans for Dyson’s long-term vision.
Such a growing stores’ portfolio can only be managed having full visibility on KPIs indicating how stores are performing in relation to (amongst others): footfall, customer interactions, sales, financials, inventory and resources. As part of our continuous effort of creating a knowledge based mind-set and improving our ability to access and manage real time data, we have been working on a project (i.e. Control Tower) aggregating retail related metrics into a central depositary, thus enabling easier cross-data visualisation and better informed decisions.
About the Role
The Global Retail Senior Product Owner is a key position supporting the Product Manager with Retail IT responsibilities, working between Dyson Demo and IT to contribute to the delivery of both Direct Retail and IT projects whilst working on the long-term Dyson Retail strategy. More specifically this role will support the implementations and enhancements for some of our key retail systems, like ePOS and Lead Management.
You will be working on the delivery of the roadmap for some of our key accounts, including our Retail Operating system and Google Cloud capabilities.
You will be supporting the Retail Data function in enhancing the different data sources and manipulating it to deliver insights. We have diverse and growing range of data sources, some structured, while others requiring further refinement to transform and load them so they can be used to enrich existing data.
You will perform analyses and apply data visualization techniques to present business information and highlight different perspectives on key business decision areas.
- Support Group Retail with ad-hoc system, data, and process analysis using tools like Signavio/Visio, Power BI , Tableau and Looker
- Support and coordinate Group Retail IT with the delivery of both Group driven IT (i.e. ePOS enhancements, CRM Implementation, etc.) and Countries’ driven IT Projects (new markets, new store)
- Collect new systems requirements from countries and maintain the backlog with the aim of prioritising initiative according to business relevance
- Support the IT Team with any P1-P2 and P3 issue impacting the direct retail business
- Collect and prepare information and data for project update presentations
- Deliver reporting requests and dashboard enhancements according to business priority, within the agreed timeline, user expectation and Retail Data functions roadmap
- Collaborate with IT Application Services to define and prioritise requirements for future enhancements
- Support the Global Senior Retail Data Analyst with the intake of new retail data sources into the data warehouse
- Explore and evaluate possibilities of deploying report automation to enhance Control Tower efficiency
- Cultivate internal relations with key stakeholders and data users
- Look for continuous enhancement opportunities in the business, ingestion of new data sources into the data warehouse, resolve any potential issues with existing data sources.
- Support the wider business to leverage retail data for self-service analytics
Preferably a Degree in Science majoring in Computer Science/Information Technology or Management/Economics or Engineering.
Preferable expertise in below technical skill:
- Experience with visualization tools like Tableau and Looker
- Experience with data Analytics tools, amongst others: Google Cloud Platform and Adobe Analytics
- Querying and working with data on a range of database / data warehouse technologies including Microsoft SQL Server and Google BigQuery
- Data preparation using tools like Tableau prep, Alteryx or Cloud Dataprep
- Any experience with Python and working with APIs would be a bonus
- Experience of working in an agile or waterfall delivery team
- SAP ECC or S/4 HANA knowledge is desirable but not essential
- Experience of using Product Management software such as Jira and Confluence
- Problem solver and ability to spot areas for improvements
- Organised, delivery focused and comfortable working on own initiative
- Skilled in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Skilled in verbally communicating with others to convey information effectively.
- Experience in developing information requirements and taking a project from conceptualization to implementation
- Experience in creating, executing, and documenting project-based Business Test cases and results.
- Basic knowledge of Retail Industry and business process
- Ability to speak with all levels of internal and external customers
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities
- Ability to present and explain technical information to diverse types of audiences (management, users, vendors, technical staff) in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding
- Ability to think out of the box
- Self-motivated, dynamic, results-driven and assertive
- Good presentation skills at all levels of the organisation
- Team player, comfortable dealing with all business levels and external suppliers
- Ethical, personal integrity
- Quick learner
- Willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on
- Enjoy challenges and thrives on them
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture
- Ability to manage multiple and often conflicting tasks
- Demonstrates an eagerness to obtain domain knowledge in order to effectively leverage technical qualifications
- Innovative problem solving, design and testing skills
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.