- Singapore - Technology Centre
Over the last 6 years, we have established our own retail proposition, opening more than 332 Dyson Demo locations split nearly equally between Dyson Demo Stores, Concessions and Partner Stores, across 27 different markets. Our ambition is to continue to grow our own direct and partner retail presence, taking the number of locations up to 500 by 2025. This role will take on the responsibility of ensuring that each member of our retail staff will be have the tools and the knowledge required to deliver a consistent and outstanding customer experience in each of our retail locations.
The role will report into the Global Senior Retail People & Training Manager and will be part of the Dyson Demo Store Team, based in Singapore.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate and experience Retail Training and Development Manager supporting the Global Senior Retail People & Training Manager in delivering and constantly upgrading the training content and tools supporting our retail people in the stores. This role will support with the rollout of, amongst others, new soft skills, behavioural development, operational projects and product campaigns. This role will participate in the design of training programs and tools, assist in the publication and implementation of materials, and will leverage follow up analysis to measure the effectiveness of programs and overall business impact. For this purpose, the ability to interpret data and insights and communicate it in a way that drives action and engagement with Dyson Demo stores is critical.
The Retail Training & Development Manager will be responsible for finding unique ways to engage, excite, and inspire our retail employees through new hire induction and continuous training initiatives. This will be achieved by using progressive means including live training and facilitation, e-learning, and other mediums to ensure the quality of training for all retail employees. The role will act as the liaison between global functions responsible for system implementations and the end users in the markets, making sure that new implementations and capabilities correctly reflect countries’ requirements.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage key stakeholder relationships – through regular communication and expectation management
- Manage external supplier relationships for digital solutions related to training & staffing functionalities
- Design of programs and tools for store operations and performance, assist in the publication and implementation of materials
- Design and deliver all soft skills and behavioural development including career development and leadership skills
- Collaborate with global training community and Dyson Demo stores, gain insight and best practices on what training tools and languages are required for the future and ensuring what exists now is fit for purpose.
- Build 2-way communication and feedback channels with all Dyson Demo stores to shape future needs and increase engagement – Pulse survey, Dyson Learning, social collaboration or communities.
- Continually introduce new ways to improve the learning experience in order to drive engagement and completion of digital learning
- Build best in class data tracking, reporting and governance with key metrics/KPI’s for all training and staffing initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years’ experience in people & training roles
- Retail experience strongly preferred
- Experience training field sales team strongly preferred
- Regional or international exposure would be a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with all presentation formats: small or large group, customer facing, and virtual
- Experience of coaching and developing others and facilitating soft skills would be a plus
- Strong prioritisation, project management and delivery skills
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.