- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
The Head of Social is responsible for overseeing Dyson’s social media strategy and execution; managing a team of 3 Social specialists (operations, analytics and editorial); ensuring the team provide the right support to the markets as well as the cross-function teams. Becoming a champion internally of the social channels, its governance and its execution across the business is the key mission. This collaborative role works with the Commercial, Digital, IT, Marketing, Communications, Customer Care and Direct/E-commerce teams. As well as Regional COE’s and Markets to champion the telling of shareable Dyson stories in line with our Owners expectations.
About the Role
- Champion content & social media to stakeholders across the business, ensuring its integration with all aspects of marketing and communications at every stage of the customer journey.
- Developing and executing our Social Media strategy; Paid, Owned and Earned through the SEE THINK DO CARE marketing funnel. Develop social as a critical digital touchpoint for both owners and shoppers.
- Social listening & measurement; you will be support the Social media analyst in building internal capabilities, sharing listening reports leveraging Sprinklr; brand, category / product and event. Develop analytics reports and collate data from various sources reporting, presenting analysis of campaigns and trends to all teams/departments.
- Content Editorial and Calendar; you will support the Community Manager with editorial strategy and OE calendar production, UGC strategy and content performance. You’ll work closely with other functions, keeping the governance of our social media content strategy that supports business goals, whilst staying true to our global strategy and the expectations of audience and channel.
- Operations and Care engagement, you will support the operational manager with clear processes, tool optimisation as well as management of platforms such as Youtube and will work closely with our contact centre on CARE engagement. – deciding when to launch new platforms and accounts, and when not to.
- Support E-commerce in developing strategies utilising new commerce functionality from the social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok) to grow Social as a traffic/direct revenue stream for Dyson.
- Influencer strategy; working with category teams and comms to align and deliver on objectives
- Join Business Plan; you’ll have experience of Social Media tools, ideally Sprinklr, as well as partnership experience with the key platforms such as Meta, Google and Pinterest.
- Support and align with Media Team & media agencies on Paid social activations
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to cultivate our community with shoppers, owners. Build relationships with owners and influencers, encouraging advocacy and grow our community.
- Collaborate and support the global content team, to ensure best practices of platforms are leveraged in delivery of consistently high-quality global content. Support planning social media campaigns for product launches in line with commercial objectives, as well as marketing and Coms calendars.
- Monitor trends in online community tools, trends and applications. Monitor the competition and be aware of market changes and developments.
- Shares innovations in the Social space with internal and local teams, bringing cutting edge platforms, tools and solutions to Dyson teams
- 8-10 years in a content management role (marketing, editorial, or communications)
- Strategist, Creative and analytical in nature
- Ability to effectively communicate information, as well as verbally to exec level, and build and maintain senior relationships.
- Team leader, with experience of managing and support to the OE team.
- Strong project management or organizational skills.
- Demonstrable skills in idea generation and identifying and capitalising trends and insights into tangible actions
- Understanding of best practices and emerging trends within the digital / social space
- Approach growth like an entrepreneur - this role will have freedom to innovate and create a new path for social - Proactive, problem-solving skills
- In-depth interest and understanding of content formats & social media platforms and their users (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest required. Previous knowledge of Asian platform: Kakao, TikTok, Line, WeChat, Weibo highly attractive).
- Understanding of how platforms differ from one another, and what this means for companies.
- Previous local or regional experience required
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- On-site parking
- Endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Free on-site hair salon
- On-site lifestyle Assist
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Private Medical insurance for all employees
- On-site gym and sports centre
- On-site wellbeing centre
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.