- Project and Programme Management
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
At Dyson we challenge convention, continually experiment and see opportunities where others see problems. The way we create, produce and deliver content is no different – we’ve always set ourselves the challenge of using innovative approaches that others wouldn’t think of. This is a continual focus as our competitors get better and faster at copying us, so trying new things is an ingrained way of working and culture.
The Senior Change Manager role sits within the Commercial Operations team who are responsible for initiating and delivering projects that improve the efficiency, effectiveness and risk profile across the Commercial/Marketing function, and then governing those new models are adhered to. The Commercial Operations team are responsible for adding tangible value to our operations.
The Senior Change Manager is responsible for ensuring that the impact of large, complex projects to improve our global operating model are understood and that the right steps are taken to ensure that the benefits for projects are realised. Responsibilities for the role span from setting up project teams and ensuring there is adequate sponsorship to proceed through to overseeing the deployment of the project into BAU. The Senior Change Manager will report into the Head of Commercial Operations.
Within this role, the Senior Change Manager will provide leadership and management for a Change Manager to support in resolving complex issues to deliver against our strategic objectives and form part of the wider change community at Dyson always thinking about the requirements of the Commercial department. The role will oversee several projects at once but will also be responsible for driving a hands-on approach to managing projects, as required. The Senior Change Manager will work closely with Subject Matter Experts within the Commercial and market teams and with other functions Procurement, Legal and external consultancies to ensure that the best models are being delivered to support the changes required.
About the role
- Forming project teams: Identify resources required to support project kick off and delivery. Identify whether we have the required skillsets in house, and if not, identify the best solutions to bring resource in to support project development. Onboard and influence project teams through standardised set of project working groups.
- Change management: Ownership of the change roadmap and communication framework to the Commercial Operations stakeholder group.
- Commercial change community lead: Responsible for representing Commercial within wider transformation initiatives. Ensuring that Commercial requirements are considered and that project requirements are flagged at an appropriate time through delivery.
- Defining level of transformation: Define a target operating model based on the problem areas identified through review of the as-is landscape. Define opportunities to improve. Identify the scale of business transformation and change to be delivered.
- Training needs analysis: Map and understand the training required to successfully deliver the change. Ensure that the right resources are available to land the change.
- Defining success factors and mechanisms to measure: Designing the appropriate governance framework to ensure that we have the appropriate management information to understand performance of the target operating model and appropriate actions required to realise this.
- Delivery of the change: Management of the deployment of change once a target operating model has been agreed. Rolling it out across relevant stakeholders. For example; including management of working groups, comms, training, transition management.
- Training: Responsible for building the training plans and delivering the content to land the change.
- Supplier transition management: Project managing the suppliers project in line with internal change management.
- Supplier transition (warranty period): Managing the onboarding of a supplier to becoming a BAU delivery process.
- Team management: Regular communication with team to ensure projects are processing according to plan and to identify any issues. Identifying requirements for new projects as needed.
- Team leadership: Overseeing internal and contract resource to ensure workload is spread to ensure projects can be delivered. Finding solutions to bring in specialist resource as and when required.
- Job administration: Day-to-day administration to support project delivery, task delivery and ad-hoc asks.
- To be excited by the opportunities for operational improvement that will forever evolve and change and an ability to understand when and how they may be appropriate for Dyson.
- At least 5 years in Change or Operational roles
- Strong proven capability to manage process and understand complex Operational problems to build recommendations
- Be able to effectively present cases for change to senior stakeholders within the business
- Be comfortable managing third party implementation teams.
- Be happy to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in to ensure projects deliver
- Be a team player with a naturally collaborative nature
- Be excited rather than unnerved by uncertainty and experimentation and adept at leading others through this uncertainty
- Comfortable speaking to both technical and non-technical teams and engaging at all levels of the business. Simplify the complex and make the impact of enhancements visible in business terms
- Confidence to make clear and well-thought-out recommendations to influence decisions
- Highly-organised with experience in programme management, production and project management with the ability to juggle multiple, complex projects at once
- Calm, considered approach and be able to cope with a very busy workload
- Good communication skills (clear communication, knowing when to communicate what to whom) and ability to develop working relationships easily
- Good team manager with career development plan for direct reports
- Ability to manage upwards in a timely and constructive manner
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.