- Data Science, Product Design
- Calamba - Philippines
After production begins, we expect to continually refine and improve our product and offerings, ensuring that we identify, review and respond to market feedback. Our sustaining team provide the Design Engineering capability and resources to manage, improve, maintain and expand our multi-category portfolio of current production products. Through this approach we maintain and expand our competitive advantage after product launch.
About the role
- Dealing with different kind of challenging problems, taking the responsibility to develop design solution with a good technical justification and provide engineering deliverable (e.g. 8D reports, prototyping, testing & Analyse the result, engineering CAD & drawings, part approval reports, etc.).
- You’ll need to be thoroughly hands-on, practically applying your technical knowledge though a systematic approach (8D) to resolve the problems thoroughly. Some of your tasks could include:
- Using creative problem solving to produce effective design solutions
- Designing and building proof-of-principle rigs
- Hand-producing prototypes
- Testing prototypes to validate design decisions
- Defining product specifications and design of production parts
- With line manager guidance along the way, you’ll be supported with a development framework designed to provide the technical and commercial know-how to help you drive your Dyson career.
- Qualifying a finish goods from new contract manufacturer down to component level from a new source through Dyson core engineering process and systematic approach.
- In line with the business expansion, our Design Engineer (Sustaining) is required to provide engineering deliverables in order to diversify our product variants and portfolio, as well as delivering a cost-effective design through the systematic value analysis and value engineering approach.
- A degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline or equivalent
- Sound understanding of basic mechanical/product design principles and the development of products and technologies through prototyping and testing
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your university projects or as part of your extra-curricular activities or personal projects.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of multiple tooling and manufacturing techniques.
- Happy to build and maintain your own networks to learn from the technical expertise around you.
- Passionate about Dyson and our technology to help us meet our ambitious future plans.
- Basic understanding on data science & statistical tools
- Basic understanding Problem Solving Tools (8D, P Diagram, Fishbone, etc.)
- 3D Modelling and engineering drawing tools (CAD)
BenefitsDyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.