- Electronics, Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, Research Engineering, Software Engineering and Connectivity, Machine learning
- Singapore - Singapore
Amazing robots can only come from the most talented people working together, sharing the right tools and resources, at the right time, having fun, and aiming high. This is our goal: build a great Robotic Team with a focused vision of robots in the real world solving concrete problems for people, comprised of the world’s best roboticists, with a culture of ambition and excellence paired with a healthy work-life balance. Dyson is the place to show what you can do, and love doing it.
Dyson’s Robotics Team focuses on enabling technologies: processing, sensors, actuators and energy. Proof of concept using state of the art techniques and integrating all aspects on robotics to create complex and capable robotic products.
We are here to have an impact: to provide intelligent robots for in-home use, changing how we live and, in general, to make a positive difference in the world and improve the quality of life for us all.
About the role
You'll join an ambitious and rapidly growing research team at Dyson HQ, focused on building real robots to go into people’s homes. The team is very diverse, covering topics including Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robot Control, Mechatronics, Electronics and Human-Robot Interaction, all with the backdrop of a friendly and multi-cultural work environment.
You will work in the cutting edge of the Robotics field where learning from the environment is the key.
Where others see hype, we see essence. We are not afraid to fail and are in this for the long run. As we have done in the past, and continue to do with every new Dyson product, we aim to push the boundaries of what others think is impossible.
Graduate Robotics Researcher, your accountabilities may include:
- Investigate and research how Machine Learning and Robot Learning helps embodied system
- Implementing Robot learning algorithms from research papers
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the on-going internal robot learning efforts.
- Keep up to date with the state-of-the-art in the field of robot learning. Quickly design, implement and evaluate both new methods and learning tasks
- Developing systems requirements, architectures, and behaviours with key stakeholders
- Algorithm selection, optimisation, and calibration
- Pro-actively adopting good quality engineering practices within the Dyson framework
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. We seek people with initiative, creativity, and the ability to learn fast, along with a cross-section of skills that will contribute to the company. But it’s not just about technical expertise. You’ll need to be:
- On track for 2nd upper class honours or above and be studying towards a bachelors or masters degree in Robotics, Embodied intelligence, Computer Science or related fields
- Graduating in August/September 2021Familiar with programming languages such as Python and C++
- Familiar with machine learning frameworks and techniques such as semi to self-supervised learning and reinforcement learning, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras etc.
- Experienced with Robot Operating System and working in Linux environment
- Able to own and pursue a research agenda, including choosing impactful research problems and autonomously carrying out long-running projects
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your university projects or as part of your co-curricular activities
- A good communicator capable of explaining complex concepts clearly and succinctly
- An independent self-start able to work autonomously under limited supervision to achieve big-picture goals
- Have a creative approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better Be able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment
It will be a bonus if you are:
- Familiar with robotic control and real-time dynamic operation
- Experienced in working with large scale data or distributed system design
- Experienced in inventing or deploying innovative learning algorithms for robotic systems, preferred in real-world environments.
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
For your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume with expected year of graduation
- Updated academic transcript / degree audit
Please note that you should only apply to one graduate position as multiple applications will delay the selection process. We will consider you for other graduate roles should you have the relevant skillset or experience.
Shortlisted candidates will undergo our early careers recruitment and selection process which could include digital assessments and interviews.
BenefitsProfessional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.