- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
From its origins in a small workshop in rural England, Dyson has grown into a technology company with a global footprint. While engineering remains at our core, our passion for problem solving across different disciplines runs throughout our business.
The Image and Identity team is responsible for presenting Dyson as an entity, to both external and internal audiences in a consistent, relevant and appropriate way. We work alongside the global PR and Internal Comms teams to support our Executive team, and our core business functions to create communications, spanning a range of channels, which reflect our values, philosophy and engineering heritage. We also work closely with the charitable side of our organisation which invests in engineering education and the local community.
About The Role
- The way we communicate is evolving rapidly. The lines are blurring between between delivery platforms, so must be able to excute your designs across a full range of media from print through to moving image. You will be responsible for helping define and protect how we visually present our organisation, creating clear and engaging communications, and professional templates and designs for documents/forms/presentations/intranets. We’re looking for technically-able designers who can execute from day one. You’ll need an excellent understanding of grids and type, and an ability to understand and interpret information in order to communicate it in the most appropriate way.
- You should be enthusiastic, take pride in your work. We’ll be setting the benchmark for graphic design at Dyson, so everything we do has to be perfect. You should be comfortable voicing your opinions and be able to articulate your ideas – confidently and intelligently present your work, as you will be working directly with senior stakeholders throughout Dyson. You will need to be tenacious and resilient, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- – A degree or equivalent in Graphic Design and ideally some industry experience.
- – A passion for design, with an ability to develop information hierarchies and systems that deliver complex messages through clear, balanced composition.
- – A strong technical understanding of design, typography and grid systems, as you’ll be setting examples of best practice for others to follow.
- – An expert knowledge of InDesign is essential, along with a sound knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- – A good understanding of After Effects and Final Cut Pro is essential as the demand for motion graphics is rapidly increasing.
- – If you don’t already use them, you’ll need to get to grips with SharePoint and PowerPoint.
- – You must be comfortable working to tight deadlines, and be able to efficiently manage your own projects and time.
- – Proficient writing skills, as you may have to write your own copy.
- – A good knowledge of design production, with experience in creating artwork for print.
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- Purchase additional holidays
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon
- On-site parking
- Endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Free on-site hair salon
- On-site lifestyle Assist
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Private Medical insurance for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Digital GP and prescription service
- Fertility treatment support
- On-site gym and sports centre
- On-site wellbeing centre
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.