- Malaysia - Development Centre
Dyson solves the problems others choose to ignore, developing disruptive technologies requiring even more complex electronics to deliver an increasing product portfolio. We are growing fast, and our ambition is boundless – more products, more locations, and more people.
About the role
To produce accurate print-ready artwork files to the specification and timescales defined and support the Pre-Production Manager in related tasks, which shall include in particular, but not limited to the following:
- Provide a higher level of input to projects, based on the greater level of experience and knowledge gained through the graphics and print industry.
- Responsible for the accuracy of files produced from creative scamps and/or templates prior to repro, generating separations and taking through to print.
- Develop skill base and technical knowledge of system software used on a day-to-day basis and assist in maintaining the upkeep of day-to-day file management and hardware.
- Provide solutions to possible technical issues that may occur during a job.
- Maintain consistent working style within brand guidelines.
- Complete work in the timescales agreed and adheres to the schedules developed for Productions.
- Actively encourage the ethos to think differently.
- Ability to contribute technically to team and act as liaison with Traffic team in all matters relating to Production.
- Take responsibility for artworks and signing off files for quality and accuracy of artwork produced:
- PLGM templates for build material.
- Barcode control.
- Brand control at the production stage.
- Day-to-day management of in-house proofing equipment.
- Ordering and up-keep of digital repro supplies.
- Specific responsibilities for the role:
- To take on the responsibility of the team when Manager/Team Leader/Senior Artworker is not around.
- To handle daily planning of work for MY Studio when Team Leader/Senior Artworker is not around.
- To assist and troubleshoot issues for Artworkers.
- To assist the Traffickers on issues.
- Knowledge of Copy Asset Template creation.
- Possess at least a Diploma, Advance/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Art/Design/Print Production/Advertising/Media or equivalent.
- More than 1 year of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Advanced knowledge of Asset management and pdf workflows.
- Print ready file checking artwork separations, Preflight.
- Strong understanding of POS and packaging mechanics.
- Possess comprehensive Print knowledge, technical knowledge of Photoshop, IT Systems knowledge and Prepress knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience of working on multi-lingual projects.
- Proven track record of commercial artwork with experience in print production.
- Highly motivated, internally driven individual with good communication skills, good planning and organizing capabilities and able to work within a team.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.