- Project Management
- Calamba - Philippines
About the roleDescription
Based in the Dyson Philippines Graphics & Packaging under Malaysia Programme management team, the role is to project manage activity related to Packaging & Graphics materials.
Working within a multi-disciplinary team including Creative, NPI, Commercial, RDD project Packaging Design and Operation Support functions, you play a key role in the team's deliverables, driving efficiency and quality improvement through all stages of development to production.
The role reports to the Graphics and Packaging Programme Manager and is responsible for planning, managing and delivery of projects from development to production. The role is to managing Graphics and Packaging related activity and working closely with packaging engineer for NPD on the packaging development and deliverables. Key functions are:-
- Identifying and securing resource required & managing timings
- Monitor graphics & packaging deliverables and working closely with UK project manager for project progress.
- Single point of contact for graphics & packaging NPD project
- Control of day-to-day priorities and ensuring all participating within the project are given clear direction on what they need to do and when. You will be working closely with your team and other project stakeholders, sharing information, mitigating risks, giving accurate project updates and ensuring you are up to date and invested in the team's long-term goals.
- The role forms a link between the NPI, Creative, Commercial, RDD Engineering, RDD Operation and Production teams globally - resolving all the short term, day-to-day issues and managing long term project plans.
- Discuss all packaging and graphics requirements with relevant teams (packaging design, engineering, NPI, creative, commercial, test, operation, project or any related team) to deliver graphics & packaging items as per time plan.
- Coordinating any revisions and updates, ensuring changes are documented and traceable, supporting RDD project in delivering graphics & packaging on cost, on spec and on time for each project.
- Planning and managing NPD project projects(G&P related) depending on business need, either delivering smaller standalone/accessory or of larger and more complex projects.
- Supporting any new launches or cost down activity project related to graphics and packaging change for the current product portfolio.
- When any new NPD project kickoff, asking questions, getting involved, exploring opportunities and thinking about how to tackle the challenge. Pro-actively engaging, briefing, encouraging and motivating your project team to take on the task in hand.
- Setting the goals and drivers from a production perspective. Establishing Engineering, Marketing/Commercial and Creative key decision points and driving the project team to meet deadlines, ensuring robust schedules are in place.
- Ensuring projects are briefed, planned, managed and approved to correct process. This role is responsible for ensuring all Graphics & Packaging projects follow company processes and requirement.
- Driving graphics and packaging materials through the approval process proactively.
- Working closely with G&P Change Management Coordinators to track timely and cost effective release of graphics & packaging to production and to coordinate effective implementation of any changes.
- Escalating to relevant stakeholders and flagging the risk or issue found during project delivery including possible contingency plan or action.
- Suitable for a Junior or Project Manager with experience in Graphics, Packaging, Print production or similar background.
- Degree in relevant discipline (Graphics, Design, Project management) or equivalent experience preferable.
- Good in Microsoft excel, power point, word is preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in relevant field (e.g. print production, packaging design, engineering, product management) demonstrating a good understanding of New Product Design and Development process, as well as an appreciation of product Graphics & Packaging design and production process.
- Knowledge of a variety of graphics & packaging is advantage.
- Advantage to have Dyson product knowledge.
- Excellent English language skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent communication skills, able to listen, and convey complex issues concisely and accurately. Able to tailor communication to the right audience, share the right information with the right people at the right time, be professional, clear and concise.
- Approachable, professional, confident and flexible.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural awareness, able to build productive working relationships within the team and across the business and influence others.
- Analytical mind-set, attention to detail and ability to challenge assumptions and convention, always looking for new and better ways of doing things.
- Proactive problem-solver, able to navigate complex processes and systems.
- Self-motivated and competent, with excellent time management skills.
- Excellent team-working skills.
- Able to handle demanding workload, manage multiple projects at once and deliver on schedule
- Delivering projects in a production environment.
- Driving a project team to deliver to defined and agreed schedules.
- Managing project progress by constantly tracking deliverables and finding ways to pre-empting and removing obstacles.
BenefitsDyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.