- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is growing fast, and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. Our Finance team manages and balances complex budgets across our global business. Multiple regions, multiple categories and covering all aspects of the finance cycle.
The Group Tax & Customs function are focused on supporting all areas of the business with growth plans and day-to-day operations, along with meeting our tax compliance obligations. The team have people based in the UK, Singapore, Malaysia, Poland, China, and the US. Specifically, the International Tax Team manages the corporate tax and associated compliance for our group companies in the UK, Europe and the Middle East (over 20 jurisdictions).
Please note, we do not offer hybrid/remote working for this position.
About the role
As our Group Tax Accountant, you will be assisting with all aspects of the UK corporate tax compliance process and supporting on group projects. This will include quarterly instalment payments, preparing RDEC and patent box calculations, CT61 returns and DTTP applications, as well as year-end reporting obligations and Total Tax Contribution reporting.
You will work with wider finance team members and other functional areas including our engineering and facilities teams, to collate data and ensure tax returns reflect the activities being undertaken by Dyson in the UK. In addition, you will have the opportunity to broaden your tax knowledge by having exposure to tax matters in our other EMEA locations.
- Background in financial accounting, reporting and/or auditing, preferably with an accounting and/or tax qualification
- Experience at a top tier accounting firm, working on tax reporting and compliance
- A good understanding of UK corporate tax concepts and compliance processes, using Alphatax (or similar)
- Able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Proactive and able to manage own workload
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, and Swindon)
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair-salon, lifestyle assist (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.