- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is growing fast, and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. Our Finance team manages and balances complex budgets across our global business. Multiple regions, multiple categories and covering all aspects of the finance cycle.
We're committed to our campus culture and want to have people collaborating, developing, and learning from each other, five days a week. By having everyone on campus together, we have been able to nurture a fantastic social and dynamic environment.
About the role
The Group Tax & Customs function are focused on supporting all areas of the business with growth plans and day-to-day operations, along with meeting our tax compliance obligations. The team have people based in the UK, Singapore, Malaysia, Poland, China, Korea, and the US.
As our Group Tax Manager, you will manage Dyson’s consolidated statutory reporting requirements for direct tax including liaison with external auditors. You will manage Dyson’s UK corporate tax compliance and day to day relationship with HMRC, looking after RDEC claims, patent box calculations, CT61 returns and DTTP applications. You will manage CBCR reporting, BEPS ‘pillar 2’ reporting and other emerging obligations such as green taxes.
You will work with tax colleagues and Dyson Business Services to define and implement improvements in data collection and analysis for the benefit of the tax reporting and wider direct tax function.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent; with an accounting and/or tax qualification
- Experience at a top tier accounting firm, working on Group Tax reporting and compliance
- Excellent finance systems and data analysis skills ideally including Alteryx
- A good understanding of UK corporate tax concepts and compliance processes, using Alphatax (or similar)
- Able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Proactive and able to manage own workload
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, and Swindon)
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair-salon, lifestyle assist (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, on-site physio and GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.