- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. Our Finance team manages and balances complex budgets across our global business. Multiple regions, multiple categories and covering all aspects of the finance cycle.
Our Treasury team’s activities include cash and liquidity management, financial risk management, funding and global banking, as well as undertaking other treasury tasks and projects as necessary.
Please note we do not offer hybrid/remote working for this position.
About the role
As our Treasury Controller, you will be at the cornerstone of managing the financial market risk for the Dyson Group, with a particular focus on the controls and reporting for Treasury. Your central responsibility will be to manage all treasury back-office activities globally, focussing on controlling the group treasury company - Dyson Finance Limited (DFL) – which undertakes funding, liquidity and cash management, and FX management for the worldwide Dyson group. We expect you to add value across the treasury space, identifying issues and solutions for Back Office, Front and Middle Office and wider Global Finance Operations functions.
You will develop and maintain a robust framework for every aspect of treasury back-office management, delivering high quality accounting, control, compliance, and projects. You will test and implement new operating processes, deliver enhanced and automated reporting, and prepare analysis and commentary for management accounts and committee reports. You will act as lead administrator on our Treasury Management System (driving incremental positive changes) and proprietary bank systems.
You will work closely with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, maintaining strong bank relationships to remedy operational issues, to report on covenant compliance, and to supply financial accounts. You will work with the Tax team to ensure our treasury activity is tax compliant and efficient (e.g., debt cap rules, double tax treaties and capital structures). It will be your responsibility to also ensure all our processes are consistent with current accountant standards and financial regulations, providing timely advice to the wider finance team, as and when it’s required.
We want you to manage and support the Treasury Control Assistant in their front-line responsibility for executing changes to systems and in managing the bank mandates for the entire group. You will also be the first point of call when daily routines encounter problems (balance and transaction provision, reconciliations, confirmations, payment processing etc).
- At least five years of leadership experience in Treasury Operations for a multinational group
- Educated to degree level with a strong accounting qualification
- Experience with FX recording, reporting, analysis, interpretation
- Good systems experience, specifically with Microsoft Office, TMS (SAP ideally), banking proprietary systems and SWIFT
- An excellent manager and team player, a confident leader of people and projects, a strong written and verbal communicator, open minded and soundly ethical
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, and Swindon)
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair-salon, lifestyle assist (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.