- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson Singapore is hiring a Head Chef to be based in our new headquarters at St James Power Station.
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better.
We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Our Estates team manages all of our 160 buildings including our internal Catering delivery ensuring our people have great spaces to work in and to support their wellbeing.
About the role
The Head Chef based in our new HQ St James Power Station based in Singapore will be integral to planning and delivery of our catering operations.
From setting up suppliers, recruiting our people and running the kitchen, this role is integral to the success of our new Headquarters.
Job responsibilities include:
- Support the St James Power Station Team in the design of the kitchen, catering, pantry spaces and equipment.
- Hire and train the new in-house catering team.
- Lead the catering team on the launch of the new kitchen and catering operations at St James Power Station.
- Oversee all catering and food quality for key events to be held at St James Power Station such events as board meetings, products launches, etc.
- Lead the kitchen and ensure pro-active management of performance in line with our High Performance Culture, manage holidays and planning of duties.
- Ordering and controlling of food stock.
- Creative individual with a passion for good customer service and high quality fresh foods.
- An experienced leader who understands the logistic and operations of running a in-house catering offering.
- Experience of leading a large team.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Required experience/ Qualifications
- NVQ Level 2&3 or equivalent in a relevant area.
- Contract Catering experience is desirable.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.