- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Digital Business Team
Dyson’s Global IT Digital Business Team has end-to-end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business applications enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience & Retail, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Product Development, Procurement and Finance.
Reporting to the Global IT Director - Digital Business Technology, the Head of Business Analysis is responsible for defining, developing and governing the requirements elicitation process for all Global Business systems in Dyson. They lead a large team of inhouse, contingent and Strategic Partner Business Analysts embedded in programmes and projects to realise these requirements in the investment portfolios of Owner Experience, Enterprise, Product Development, Supply chain, Manufacturing and Retail. They also act as a key business consultant and strategy adviser to the Global IT Director - Digital Business Technology as required.
Key accountabilities are:
BA best practice:
- Brings a structured approach to instil new wow and standardise BA operation on word class execution, including:
- Works with Programme Management team to implement standard ways of working for PRINCE2 waterfall and Agile DSM delivery ensuring clear role for BA in both.
- Drives excellence and consistency in requirements gathering e.g. well-structured user stories, robust process mapping, engaging presentations etc.
- Works with Head of QA to rapidly build and maintain a Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) process across delivery team.
- Team Leadership:
- Directs and provides leadership to continually improve the business analysis capability.
- Establishes and implements priorities, performance goals and objectives to ensure business analysis execution meets and regularly exceeds project and programme requirements.
- Directs and evaluates individual/team performance and takes appropriate action to ensure business analysis execution meets and regularly exceeds project and programme requirements.
- Directs and enhances Delivery team initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the business analysis function.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and internal/external stakeholders on complex projects and programmes.
- Builds organisational capability and execution excellence.
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained.
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends, assess the impact, and collaborates with other Heads of to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future ways of working.
- Helps ensure that new systems and or major modifications delivered by the business analysis process meet company standards, goals, and auditing requirements.
- As a key member of the DBT management team, works with peers and Group IT Delivery Director on resolutions to complex programme issues or best responses to change to provide support a fast paced and dynamic business.
Key skills required:
- Formal accreditation in business analysis e.g. CBAP, PMI, BCS, etc and track record of leading practical implementation in BA Team execution.
- Agile requirements elicitation and estimation e.g. epics, features, user stories, story points, wire frames, story boards, definition of done etc.
- Strong business consulting skills.
- Strong project management or organizational skills.
- Experience of practical execution of business change management.
- Ability to resolve unique and complex problems where facts may be insufficient or misleading
- Knowledge of programme and project management methods including DSDM / Agile PM and PRINCE2.
- Knowledge of Confluence / Jira.
Key experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, business or. a related technical or business field.
- 10+ years of experience business analysis of digital capability or business applications including at least 5+ years in leadership, ideally gained in strategic complex projects for large organisations.
- Proven experience of leading, coaching and mentoring a large team of business analysts.
- Experience of implementing standard ways of working and business analysis excellence.
- Experience of working for a consultancy or other professional services organisation.
- Strong attention to detail; ability to perform duties with a high level of accuracy.
- Highly creative. Able to produce creative solutions from basic concepts.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies is highly desired.
- Ability to anticipate change and adapt quickly
- A strong agent of change.
- Good business sense, with business and/or functional knowledge.
- Be able to think holistically and analytically and know when to take which approach.
- Is able to consult & advise the client as well as ‘doing’.
- Have a clearly methodical approach.
- Exceptional aptitude for problem solving, and follow through
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and listening skills across all levels of the organization both internal to Manhattan as well as customers
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Be capable of visualising a problem context/situation, develop a number of resolution options and think them through from concept to implementation.
- Natural leader.
- Strong people manger.
- Creative problem solving
- Excellent communication skills and customer facing skills, ability to communicate complex ideas simply at all levels of the organisation including on occasion to the Executive and non-Executive board.
- A skilled negotiator.
- Process focus and detail orientated without losing bigger picture
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative
- Open, honest and responsible
- Team player
- Comfortable dealing with external suppliers in complex high pressured commercial arrangements.
- Quick learner, willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide
- Ability to deliver and sense of humour under pressure!
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
In order to increase your chances of being short listed please ensure you submit a supporting statement in addition to your CV clearly addressing how you meet the essential & desirable criteria as outlined in the person specification, plus details of your current and required package.
# LI Dyson
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.