- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
You will be a key point of contact for the RDD Category Leaders, Commercial Category leaders, along with Supply Chain and Operations ensuring that financial rigour are applied to key decision making. Working with different functions across the business, this is a highly visible role that represents a great opportunity to develop a thorough understanding of Dyson.
About the roleThe overall objective of the role is to act as a key financial business partner to the Category VP:
- Leading a financial agenda that balances short and medium term profit and cash delivery with long term sustainable growth and brand health;
- Leading financial performance by establishing analytical capability and support that provides category and market intelligence;
- Providing insight on business health by devising and holding the business to key financial and non-financial performance measures;
- Providing clarity on and insight into the category outlook by leading short, medium and long term business planning;
- Supporting ongoing product development by leading NPD evaluations and milestone governance;
- Supporting the commercial development of the category by bringing a clear financial lens to ranging, pricing and product decisions and by driving transparency in volume performance, margin management and cost control;
- Driving strong financial management and driving a culture of generating strong financial returns and value for money.
- Category financial control including in year opex and capex. To include budget setting, forecast update, PO control and mth end reviews. Prioritisation decision where required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of finance managers/analysts supporting commercial and RDD teams.
- Lead category performance management for Category reviews, Chief Operating Officer meeting and Board reporting:
- drive accountability across markets, commercial and RDD;
- lead market benchmarking, product/channel/promotional/market mix management
- develop and manage timely and relevant reporting, analysis and KPI measures (financial and non-financial)
- Support product lifecycle management:
- manage portfolio analysis and effectiveness, sku proliferation, range transitioning, product end of life
- manage investment appraisal, milestones’ governance, post investment review, and support launch scenario planning.
- Support category strategy and business planning:
- range planning, pricing, product strategy
- Go To Market, business model development, competitor and market strategy
- Drive cost optimisation across product, capex and operational costs.
About youThis Head of Category position is one that will require you to be adaptable in your approach and fluid in how tasks are executed. You will be a qualified accountant with demonstrable heavyweight commercial PQE experience and excellent strategic instincts. as you will be at the forefront of commercial decision-making. We would like to see experience of premium consumer or technology businesses as this will assist in understanding our product ranging and product life cycle.
We require nothing short of an exceptional business partner with strong communication and leadership skills. You will come with a high intellect and high levels of integrity, and personal impact coupled with technical expertise. You will have the the ability to influence senior stakeholders and able to manage complexity, competing interests and conflicting priorities. We’re looking for a self-starter, someone able to manage their own time with strong levels of independence. An appetite for project work is also an advantage.
Dyson's multi-region operations means you will need to overcome functional and market boundaries to gain consensus and drive change. The ability to challenge preconceptions and entrenched beliefs; to develop, assess and advocate strategic options along with credibility across a multi-functional organisation are also must-have skills.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.