- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson GB has achieved its ambition, growing at an aggressive rate in past years. 2020 and beyond will bring new challenges to Dyson GB, continues to focus on the growth ambition whilst also needing to transform the categories, brand communication and organisation. Pivoting to new technologies within categories and pro-actively managing change with our retailers will be a key focus. The planning and execution of world class marketing plans to continue to penetrate more GB households with the right technology will be critical in delivering our stretching profit targets over the coming years.
Working closely with the Marketing Director, this role will provide leadership to our existing marketing team, leading across a team of Brand Managers to address the unique challenges facing the market including the challenge of rapidly growing brand awareness and maintaining share. This role will work closely with a network of marketing colleagues based in Dyson’s global and local functions to help shape the right plans to drive success in GB.
About the Role
To own and lead the strategic brand management, communication marketing launch strategies and BBI for the Floorcare category in GB.
1. Leadership of media planning, evaluation and auditing; encompassing of all marketing channels; media, digital, customer (trade) marketing and PR.
- Key manager of the media agency for Floorcare, authoring overall annual media strategy to reach key audience through variety of media channels.
- Full ownership of category P&L – Evaluating to ensure shrewd investment and driving proactive efficiencies for the business.
- Overall control of the media plan ensuring that key booking dates are met, supporting brand managers to deliver campaigns on time and driving full value out of our media.
- Management of media agency to produce meaningful post campaign analysis; and the Audit process to evaluate quality performance of media agency on an annual basis
- Review of media agency performance and pricing in comparison to rest of market, and subsequent re-negotiation of media contract, as appropriate.
- Work with Communications/PR team (London based) to embed social media into our comms plans as an integrated part of the mix.
2. Development of brand communications strategy across Floorcare; Cordless and Fullsize.
- Develop overall communications strategy for Floorcare, taking into account our full brand proposition and voice what makes Dyson different to our competitors. Plan how this cascades across each category to show clear brand differentiation and superiority.
- Own an effective and clear communication plan between Dyson’s central (UK) marketing and local sales team to achieve desired results.
- Social: Deliver annual plan based on consumer insight which engages existing owners and new owners through engaging content driving a 1 on 1 relationship with owners.
- Paid digital display: Own and champion the most effective display plan to drive category objectives.
- Build effective relationship with PR and Comms team to drive the agenda for (but not limited to) experiential marketing and social media.
- Work with the brand managers to develop communications plans that cross different media, from TV, press, digital, social, down to boxes and tickets.
- Inspire a passion for Dyson technology internally and externally.
3. Management of the GB strategy and key projects; Pro-actively managing product pipelines and changes in retail/sales strategy.
- Work with Insight, collect customer knowledge and satisfaction and feed into RDD process to ensure new products fit with GB customer needs. Act as the consumer champion for Floorcare.
- Long term product planning: taking a 5 year view of NPD and how the categories fit together in the eyes of a consumer. Ensuring long term trade up and cross category decisions are robust and allows GB&I Exec to participate in range planning discussions with NBR.
- Carry out a full evaluation of, and develop a strategy for, retailer exclusives.
- Manage monthly Category Reviews between Sales Director, Marketing Director and Finance Director to review pricing architecture for 5 year product plan.
- Deliver a joint sales and marketing plan to maximise Dyson’s business in all accounts.
- Support the Sales Managers to develop and deliver a JBP for each account / channel.
- Take ownership of excellent online execution across all retail partners.
- Develop an insightful commercial understanding of each account to ensure recommendations are on strategy.
- Deliver excellence in Floorcare Owner Experience through delivering the strategy for the key messaging and conversation delivered via CRM/MADE and also through an ongoing robust Dyson Demo activation plan which allows hands-on understanding of Dyson and promotes repeat and multiple machine ownership.
- Support brand managers in the monthly management of the 5 year product plan, ensuring that volume expectations match the 5 year plan, DDUs are kept up to date, provision of volume expectations on NPD to launch management team, including any shifts due to market variations.
4. Development of campaigns for specific audiences
- Work with Insight Manager to develop strategies to maximise our sales potential in given target markets and ensure we are fighting against the competition activity.
- Plan innovative ways to reach these audiences to ensure that Dyson ‘own’ these categories within the GB market
- Maintain a very close proximity to owners by participating regularly in home visit and accompanied shop insights gathering.
- Support Floorcare Brand Managers in the development removing price focused message on future products
- Work with Claims & Performance team as well as Centred of Excellence to design a campaign that supports our products.
5. Ranging & forecasting
- Accountable for the overall strategic ranging of Floorcare in GB ensuring the most efficient range to drive GB ambition.
- Develop a point of view to be delivered to customers of Dyson Direct which drives value as to why to buy direct v 3rd party.
- Empower team members to keep close track of forecasting and stock levels to ensure strategic launches and business as usual in completely de-risked.
6. Build, develop and promote an effective team
- Inspire a passion for our product within the brand managers and the wider GB&I team. Ensure consumer insight is a key behaviour within all team members.
- Inspire, lead and motivate team of Marketing Managers through regular feedback, 121s, objectives and career planning.
- Manage processes to ensure that the team is as effective as possible to meet business goals.
- Review insight and data that is available to build a highly engaged team.
- Develop talent and succession plans to ensure that the organisation is future fit.
You will have a solid marketing background with proven experience at a management level with experience of brand management i.e. simultaneous management of product marketing and communications. You must come with strong knowledge of traditional and digital media; line management experience is essential, along with the ability to engage with and motivate people, strong analytical skills and be a creative thinker.
The ability to plan and deliver strategic initiatives is a key skill, as is managing complex projects and being able to present effectively, with clear and effective communication.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.