- United Kingdom - Bristol Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Our commercial strategies should launch our pioneering technologies and explain why they are better as simply and clearly as possible. We’re constantly refining and redefining our global marketing strategies and campaigns to create customer and owner experiences that are authentic and uniquely Dyson.
Our commercial strategies should launch our pioneering technologies and explain why they are better as simply and clearly as possible. We’re constantly refining and redefining our global marketing strategies and campaigns to create customer and owner experiences that are authentic and uniquely Dyson. The Marketing team works with engineers and senior management, including James and Jake Dyson, to make sure the right messages are in the right places at the right time.
About The Job
Working closely with the Marketing Director, this role will provide leadership to our existing marketing team, leading across a team of Category Managers build clear long term strategic vision, objectives and plans that drive transformation and growth into the business.This role will work closely with a network of marketing colleagues based in Dyson’s global and local functions to help shape the right plans to drive success in the local market.
Purpose of the Position:
To own and lead the strategic brand management, communication marketing, launch strategies and BBI for the Category in the market.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES:
Ownership of the category P&L, ensuring right budget shape and spend allocation across paid, owned and earned media, retail activation and non-working investment that meets strategic and business needs
- Full ownership of category P&L – Evaluating to ensure shrewd investment and driving proactive efficiencies for the business.
- Partnering with x-functional business partners and finance to ensure that all spend levers within the category Cost of Acquisition is sufficient, the right shape and driving towards the right objectives.
- Partnering with the “Head of Media” to ensure that the media agencies clearly translate the category vision into media strategy and plans. Challenging efficiency and effectiveness, to ensure spend is driving to the right objective.
Development of brand communications strategy across the category.
- Develop overall communications strategy for the category, taking into account Dyson full brand proposition and voice what makes Dyson different to our competitors. Plan how this cascades across each category to show clear brand differentiation and superiority.
- Own an effective and clear communication plan between Dyson’s central marketing and local sales team to achieve desired results.
- Build effective relationship with PR and Comms team to drive the agenda for (but not limited to) experiential marketing and earned media.
- Work with the category managers to develop communications plans that cross different media, from TV, press, digital, social, down to boxes and tickets.
- Inspire a passion for Dyson technology internally and externally.
Management of the Market strategy and key projects; Pro-actively managing product pipelines and changes in retail/sales strategy.
- Work with Insight, collect customer knowledge, competitor understanding, market projections. Using these insights to build the overall long term category strategy and vision. Act as the business champion for the category, to ensure everyone is clear on the jobs to be done.
- Manage monthly Category Reviews with the Executive team, to ensure key risks and opportunities for the category are highlighted with relevant solutions for support and decision from the business to be made.
- Partner with the sales team to deliver a joint sales and marketing plan to maximise Dyson’s business in all accounts and an aligned channel strategy.
- Work with the OE lead to deliver excellence Owner Experience through delivering the strategy for the key messaging and conversation delivered via owned channels.
- Work with Communications/PR team to embed earned media into our comms plans as an integrated part of the mix.
- Work with Insight Manager to develop strategies to maximise our sales potential in given target markets and ensure we are fighting against the competition activity. Plan innovative ways to reach these audiences to ensure that Dyson ‘pioneer’ these categories within the market
Product ranging & forecasting
Accountable for the overall strategic ranging of the category in the market ensuring the most efficient range to drive market ambition.
Responsible for building the ranging principles, hierarchy and model for the category.
Partner with the e-commerce and retail leads to build strong ranging proposals that support strong channel and retailer JBPs
Empower team members to keep close track of forecasting and stock levels to ensure strategic launches and business as usual in completely de-risked.
Build, develop and promote an effective team
- Inspire a passion for our product within the category managers and the wider team. Ensure consumer insight is a key behaviour within all team members.
- Inspire, lead and motivate team through regular feedback, 121s, objectives and career planning.
- Manage processes to ensure that the team is as effective as possible to meet business goals.
- Review insight and data that is available to build a highly engaged team.
- Develop talent and succession plans to ensure that the organisation is future fit.
- Solid marketing background with proven experience at a management level.
- Mandatory to have had experience of category management i.e. simultaneous management of product marketing and communications.
- Strong knowledge of traditional and digital media.
- Line management experience essential.
- Ability to engage with and motivate people.
- Strong analytical skills
- Creative thinker
- Effective presentation skills
- Strong senior team leadership skills.
- A confident individual must be ready to take on battles and win
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Ability to plan and deliver strategic initiatives
- A visible passion for product
- Effective communicator
- Team player
- Able to manage complex projects
- Approachable and supportive
- 27 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays )
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Free lunches and hot drinks
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free Hair Salon
- Concierge service
- Electric vehicle lease scheme
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.