- Amsterdam - The Netherlands
At Dyson we believe everything could be better. Fuelled by a frustration with things that don’t work properly and a relentless obsession with making them work better, we’ve spent the last 27 years pioneering inventions and continually improving. We’re growing fast. And our ambition is huge. But it’s not simply about more people and more profit. Dyson is all about pioneering ideas and new technologies. It’s about inventing the future. Our philosophy remains the same as it was 27 years ago when James Dyson invented the first cyclonic vacuum cleaner. We remain family-owned. We don’t bow to outside shareholders or report to the stock exchange. Instead we plot our own path, unshackled from conventional thinking. At Dyson we constantly strive to find more pioneering ways to solve everyday problems.
About the role
About the role
In this role based in Amsterdam you will report into the EMEA Finance Director and lead the regional finance team. The role will work closely with the regional exec. The primary responsibility will be to lead the regional finance team which is responsible for knitting together the picture of regional performance, bringing out the story behind the numbers and providing insights that inform commercial decision making to ensure we optimise use of our financial resources and continue to improve profitability; the team is responsible for business partnering the regional exec team. You are also responsible for delivering the long-term strategic planning process, working closely with the clusters and group to shape the future growth strategy and provide clarity of the essential building blocks, driving timely decision making that supports the delivery of the strategy. In addition to the regional team responsibilities you will form a close working group with your counterparts across the region that is responsible for developing best practice across the region, collaborating with Group on key transformation projects, and supporting the EMEA Finance Leadership Team with delivery of key initiatives. The role also plays an important part in talent development across the EMEA region.
- Lead a high performing finance team of best-in-class business partners spanning FP&A responsibilities, and commercial and strategic decision support. Shape best practice across key initiatives, including stores and expert profitability analysis.
- Own the 5yr strategic planning process. Perform scenario modelling for range decisions and triangulate ranging and budgeting with the 5yr plan to ensure the region's long-term growth targets are met. Work collaboratively across the region to align top-down and bottom-up views.
- Develop and maintain a region-wide price governance process that ensures price corridors are maintained.
- Develop strong ties across the markets, clusters, and group to ensure a collaborative approach to improve ways of working across all finance areas (business/process/systems).
- Maintain a clear narrative with Group that tells the story of business performance across sell-out, sell-in, trade stock, P&L, balance sheet and working capital.
- Coach and develop capability of the team; support career development and maximise potential through objectives and performance conversations.
- A bias for action, with high levels of resilience and drive, able to see the strategic big picture but also to roll sleeves up and get into the detail and delivery of financial projects.
- Energetic, engaging and pacey, with high EQ and the ability to motivate and inspire in a matrixed environment.
- Clear communicator; decisive and excellent influencer.
- Able to challenge all areas of activity, especially elements that ‘have always been done’ and recommend new approaches to meet financial objectives.
- An effective and credible thought partner - commercially minded with a good grasp of key financial drivers and strong contract management skills.
- Strong team player and sound management skills - visible and inspiring leadership style at both a local and international/regional level. Helping to manage, develop, up-skill and promote a best-in-class function.
- Assertive, decisive, prepared to see through plans and overcome objections - and yet flexible around change and comfortable with ambiguity; a quick and agile learner.
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Discount on Dyson products
- Company Pension scheme
- 29 days annual holiday plan
- Company Fitness plan
- EAP (Employee Assistant Programme)
- Life Assurance Plan
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.