- Customer Service
- Amsterdam - The Netherlands, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is a global technology company with a unique philosophy - to solve problems that others ignore. It transforms every category it enters with radical and iconic re-inventions that work, perform and look very different. Dyson’s culture is unique; dynamic, inventive, technology-obsessed and decidedly un-corporate. The mindset is geared to constant change and Dyson’s pace brings constant challenge. It’s not easy or comfortable, but it’s this way of working that drives performance. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up. “Good enough” isn’t good enough. Experiences are more important than experience. And attitude counts as much as aptitude.
Our EMEA region is diverse, fast-changing, and an exciting place to work. Spanning from MEA and our emerging markets, to the UK, France and Germany where Dyson have been established for over two decades, this region is at the heart of Dyson's history, and an engine for it's growth. As a region, we have offices in 16 countries and operations in more than 25. Our market teams are responsible for taking Group strategy, applying their local expertise and experience, and delivering world-class products and service to our owners. From digital to supply chain, marketing to finance, the EMEA teams work together to learn from each other’s' strengths, share successes, and constantly reinvent and transform Dyson's presence on their countries.
Dyson EMEA Customer Environment
At Dyson we are passionate about looking after our shoppers and owners. Like our technology, every experience should be uniquely Dyson. The rapidly growing and ever expanding EMEA business supports Shoppers and Owners from two multi-lingual, outsourced contact centers and one Dyson contact centre, based in different locations within EMEA. Reporting into the EMEA Customer Service Director This role is specifically focused on delivery excellent customer service in the well-established GB&I market and the new and emerging regions of EMEA and CEED. The Dyson Customer Service teams play an invaluable role within this ambition, as direct contact gives us millions of opportunities to create, offer and surprise them with a seamless and inspiring product experience.
Leading and coordinating all this activity, driving an effective and efficient working relationship and spearheading the sustainable improvement of our customer service experience is a challenging yet rewarding responsibility. This role has direct accountability for the development and delivery of the many multichannel experiences that we offer our Shoppers and Owners, and will join a strong and high performing team to work in partnership both internally, and with our outsource providers to continuously develop and transform this offering into a future-proof, multichannel and scalable world class environment to nurture our Dyson Owners and the Dyson business for years to come.
About the role
- Own the contact centre budget. In partnership with the contact centre provider create a continuous programme of transformation and improvement that delivers ongoing efficiencies, NPS growth and budgeted KPIs.
- Own the end to end customer service experience team across your markets. Ensure processes, forecasting and budgets are aligned across all markets, supply chain and aftermarket teams.
- Using insight gained from Product Reliability, Supply Chain, Regional CS Managers and all other relevant areas lead the development of an accurate multi-channel forecast for the contact centre. Work with budget holders to align funds and people requirements accordingly.
- Hold direct line management responsibility for the Dyson Employees working in your markets.
- Operate as a senior leading in the wider EMEA customer service team. Demonstrate how to operate efficiently in a matrix structure sharing best practise with other partners.
- Develop and execute a customer service communications plan, engaging stakeholders in the work of the contact centre and wider customer service teams.
- Work in partnership with the Care+ team and EMEA System and process manager to implement a long term strategy of system and process improvement
- Working in partnership and collaboration with HR, to own the people plan across the contact centre for both Dyson and non Dyson employees.
- In partnership with key stakeholders and the EU Customer Service Training Manager develop and the wider customer service team develop a training and engagement plan for all Dyson and 3rd Party Customer Service Employees. The purpose being to ensure that all customer facing teams are thinking and acting as Dyson at all times.
- Work in Partnership with the EMEA Training and Quality Team to continuously develop a multichannel quality monitoring and calibration programme across Europe that continually seeks to optimise people performance and minimise customer effort.
- In partnership with the European Customer Service managers, ensure that the right tone of voice is present in all customer service communications.
- Own the contractual and strategic relationship with your 3rd Party CS providers. This is achieved through managing the day to day operational relationship with the contact centre provider and other relevant providers, work in partnership and seek to find smarter ways of working.
- In partnership with the contact centre partners develop an operational people plan that keeps supply of labour ahead of demand. This would include developing a contact centre environment with a high retention rate in which talented people aspire to work.
- Manage the contact centre budgets on a monthly basis; work with the finance team to close the books efficiently every month and ensure bills are paid on time. This involves being confident that Dyson are receiving good value for money and are constantly driving for efficiencies in the long term.
- Lead the regular review of insights from NPS, Complaints and other sources across customer service to devise regular and ongoing plans to enhance experiences and raising NPS scores.
- Support the Customer Service Director and wider team in creating a clearly defined and measurable Dyson Service Commitment Ways of Working”. Take full ownership for implementing the outputs of this strategy into the contact centre.
- Take an active part in developing and executing the overall Customer Service Communication covering all internal and external stake holders.
- Be the voice for Dyson when dealing with all third parties. Understand and speak as one voice for the business, if not having the answers then knowing how to get them.
- Can demonstrate ownership of complex delivery in a multi country basis.
- Has significant contact centre leadership experience
- Can demonstrate ownership of significant business changes in a contact centre environment
- Strong involvement in the development of quality monitoring in a multi-channel, multi-lingual environment.
- Contact Centre budget management with third party provider
- Working in a matrix environment to take ownership of and delivery results
Key Skills and Attributes
- Problem Solving
- Both people and process orientated
- 27 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Free on site Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.