- SGD/GBP Competitive
- Information Technology
- Singapore or UK, Singapore
In the same way that Dyson engineers better technology to solve problems others ignore, Global IT transforms the way Dyson does business through world class and pioneering IT services and systems.
Our Strategy, Platforms and Enablement team
The Strategy, Platforms and Enablement team have overall responsibility for ensuring full alignment of the IT strategic plans with those of broader Dyson. Driving enabling platforms and services to ensure the broader service and product teams can deliver exceptional results and achieve the unimaginable.
The team leads bringing technology insights and innovation into our strategy and roadmaps, through Centres of Excellence focussed on core enabling platforms and strategic missions focussed on accelerate delivery and delivering efficiency.
As Mission control for Dyson IT, the team will lead on the optimisation of resource across people, finances and architectural principles to ensure the Dyson IT teams are focused on the right things at the right time and in the right way.
About the roleTo be based in either Singapore or the UK, the successful candidate will be accountable for Dyson’s core technology platforms, infrastructure and emerging technologies. Delivering platforms that effectively enable business aligned IT service and product teams to deliver at pace whilst maintaining security, reliability and efficiency. This includes technologies critical to our strategic goals and shared across global IT service delivery teams including Cloud, Integration, RPA/Automation and Network.
Adopting a Centre of Enablement approach, this role will work closely with broader Global IT leadership team to ensure these core platforms are future fit and standards clearly defined and governed against.
The Head of Technology Platforms and Centres of Excellence (CoE), reporting to the Director – Strategy, Platforms & Enablement, will be responsible for:
- Owning and driving a modern and innovative ‘Core IT Platform’ Strategy and Transformation roadmap, identifying and delivering opportunities through convergence of strategic technology capabilities.
- Working closely with broader Strategy, Platforms and Enabling team to ensure roadmaps are fully integrated with IT strategy, enterprise architecture and innovation.
- Providing consistent approach to platforming across common technology solutions with an operating model that incorporates the principles of ‘As a service’, Automation first and ‘Thinnest viable platform’ at its core.
- Leading the team who will evolve and deliver Centre of Excellent CoE practices, comprising of Network CoE, Cloud CoE and Integration and Automation CoE, and IT Core Platforms Operations Teams to include but limited to:
- Centralized COEs governance supporting business units and define a governance structure
- Define and evolve strategies
- Define and create standards and best practice frameworks
- Create and implement CoE Operating Models
- Create and define Core IT Platform Operating Model
- Ensure Core IT Platform operational excellence and service delivery
- Drive continual Service Improvement leveraging automation processes
- To own and transform our foundational technology platforms in line with our future IT strategy
- Define and create policies and architectural standards which will be consumed across the business
- Define Blueprint and roadmaps
- Introduction of new technology and processes
- Create a technology consultancy practice
- Operational Risk review and remediation
- Operationally owning the global core IT platforms and services and ensuring we drive for exceptional IT service delivery and continuity for the business. Bringing focus and mitigating critical operational risk and driving a customer centric focus into the way the team operates with a key focus on customer satisfaction metrics and SLAs.
- At Dyson we never stand still, our goals are ambitious and we constantly drive for new and better ways to deliver, as a senior leader within Dyson you will lead a global team, engaging, empowering and inspiring them to deliver against these challenging objectives working as one team with global IT and the broader business.
About youPerson specification / Core Competencies:
- Strong leadership
- Ability to adapt and thrive on change
- Excellent business acumen
- Cultural awareness
- Strategic thinker
- Proficient problem solver who is able to understand others’ agendas and deliver appropriate solutions
- Ability to deliver under pressure
- Confident communicator to business stakeholders
- Ability to communicate complex IT information to non-technical audience with clarity
- Highly collaborative and excellent communication skills are a must
- Able to engage stakeholders at all levels across the business in simple to understand and practical terms.
- Strong planning & time management skills
- Good understanding delivering success in an IT function
- Able to engage the business at all levels to solve problems and implement improvements
- Proven track record of delivering good quality service to a global business
- 5+ years’ experience in leading Global Technical Teams.
- 5 + years’ experience in leading Infrastructure Operations Teams.
- Experienced in leading Technical Teams including but not limited to Network, Cloud, Data Centres.
- Strong technical knowledge of enterprise applications, tools and operating systems.
- Experienced in developing strategy and roadmaps including Automation and Integration strategy.
- Experience in defining and delivering a platform and CoE operating model as part of a broader agile delivery transformation within a global IT organisation.
- Experienced in creating policies, procedures and best practice.
- Experienced in Continual Service Improvements programs.
- Experienced in IT Service Management in 24/7 operations.
- Experienced in Infrastructure Operations Management and Technologies.
- Experienced in delivering operational excellence.
- Leading transition and transformation programs.
- IT Change Management process.
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.