- Information Technology
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people.
We start with an engineering mindset and different thinking, then continuously refine our ideas, unwilling to compromise until we’ve found a better way.
Our Data team provides modern solutions to deliver business value that help to remove complexity and drive efficiency and profitable growth as our business changes and grows.
You think and dream all things data and automation, enjoy working as part of an energetic and focused team that solves problems that have a direct line of sight to business value. You are consumed with innovating through data to represent business value. You have a sense of ownership and enjoy hands-on technical work. Your values are important to us in the way you live and work.
The broad scope of responsibility requires solid understanding of both business and technology strategy and principled approach to broad digital transformation challenges/opportunities including strong leadership and people skills.
As the Head of Data Platform Engineering and Operations, you will be responsible for the successful engineering practice to ensure that our data platform is 1) state-of-the-art Data Ops, 2) domain aware, 3) end to end integrated via modern data integration concepts, and 4) ensure all analytics are perform on our platform. Beyond this, you will be responsible for the operation of the data platform as well as our data platform transformation program. This is a pivotal role for Dyson to accelerate the delivery of data at speed and scale so that we can innovate with the science of data.
You will be managing a team of technical experts of data platform engineers and automation engineers to ensure sustainable operation of our data platform and its transformation.
- Grow, develop, and manage a team of talented data platform engineers and automation engineers.
- Lead all data ops engineering, warehousing, and platform related deliverables and strategy.
- Drive the vision to build a modern data platform at Dyson and lead best practices in data platform engineering and its standard.
- Responsible for defining with experts in the understanding of the current state and target state data platform architecture and strategy based on our four principles of a modern data platform at Dyson: 1) state-of-the-art Data Ops, 2) domain aware, 3) end to end integrated via modern data integration concepts, and 4) ensure all analytics are perform on our platform.
- Responsible for the full adoption of the target state architecture of our Dyson Data Platform through strong and collaborative leadership qualities to drive change across the various analytics groups of the company to adopt to the modern operating principles of the data platform. So that we benefit Dyson and our owners’ data experience.
- Ability to successfully communicate and ensure best practices and principles to enable consistent delivery and enable alignment with long term direction.
- Lead negotiation strategies with our partners and plan long term the technology stack to develop and evolve our data platform’s performance.
- Ability to lead our partners in related work of platform transformation, engineering, and operation and the adherence to high standards and excellence.
- Work closely as a senior stakeholder in Product Development by partnering with Product Managers to define the technical strategy for our data driven products, applications, and end solutions.
- Work with our product organization to develop business requirements into architecture and integrate into our four principles of a modern data platform.
- Provide guidance on development tools, target platforms, operations, and security.
- Provide leadership to the product development teams for successful product implementation on our data platform.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role in data platform engineering, operations, transformation in a MNC setting. This is a visible role to ensure we have a team of strong technical experts and ability to listen, take feedback, and drive impact.
- Education: Master’s or Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Data Science, or any related disciplines.
- Experience: 14+ years of experience in data engineering and data platforms at an enterprise and MNC level.
- Proven experience with the development of scalable data platforms (even distributed) in a cloud environment and strong understanding and familiarity with data lifecycle management
- Deep and wide background in data technologies spanning both solutions built on traditional RDBMS and non-traditional NoSQL platforms.
- Ever has hands on experience with advanced SQL or ETL tools for data transformation, modelling, and analysis.
- Experience architecting, designing and developing large scale solutions with a recent focus on utilizing a mixture of Big Data and Relational database platforms.
- Direct experience with Kafka, Hadoop technologies, with experience utilizing Mongo DB, S3 and/or Relational Database platforms a plus.
- Proven experience leading teams resulting in the successful deployment of applications built on data platforms.
- Candidates having experience with migrating from legacy applications to a solution utilizing modern data processing technologies will be preferred.
- Advanced Relational Database Experience (RDBMS) in one or more of the following:
• Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with hands on software development in your background would be a preference.
- Experience with Consumer Electronics or Retail is a bonus
- Interpersonal and people skills: Proactive to take initiatives and going beyond call of duty. Exceptional problem-solving skills and work passionately in a cross-functional setting and with various stakeholders. Take accountability for performance and results. In team leadership, ability to inspire trust and gain respect to follow insights, directives, and judgements.
- Candidate should be comfortable with driving technical ideas and communicating clearly with technical as well as non-technical audiences.
- Ability to think strategically but more importantly, to be able to dive deep into details and drive execution.
- Demonstrated leadership working in cross-functional technical teams (direct/virtual)
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.