- Planning and Retail Operations
- Australia - Sydney Barangaroo Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
About the Role
The Head of Demand and Sales Planning will be responsible for the accuracy of the business’ consensus demand forecast. This will be achieved by combining market knowledge, input from key stakeholders and historical data. By rigorously challenging the assumptions provided by all stakeholders, the role will ensure the forecast is as robust as possible with risks and opportunities clearly identified and understood. Once constructed, the plan must be then effectively communicated to the business.
1. Build high quality Demand forecasting and drive consensus.
- Work with Off-line Retail & e-Commerce teams in Bottom-Up Sell-In / Sell-Out Forecast submission and ensure the overall business performance by week & month, by channel, by SKU to be unbiased and accurate.
- Drive Monthly S&OP process across Market and Region to drive consensus on 1 forecast.
- Develop annual budget and rolling forecast to redefines sales assumptions and strategies, highlight the sufficiency gap of forecast vs targets.
- Lead evolving data and reporting foundation to provide measurement and insight for better decision making and gap filling plans.
- Partner with supply chain team to build a resilient supply and demand strategy to support ANZ business.
- Provide valuable and various sales analysis for management team and sales team.
2. Plan pricing promotion to optimum gap filling plan
- Develop a full annual promotion plan (by month, channels and SKUs, etc)
- Provide expected sales uplift / cannibalization from each as part of the sales forecast process.
- Have strong governance around promotion planning by channel.
- Develop promotion analysis framework as required for tracking purposes plus analyse ROI on promotion investment.
- Ensure tracking sales objectives along with promotion effectiveness.
- Execute forth assurance having promotions and activities in sync with all business strategies.
3. Provide regular analysis for sales trends of respective off-line Retail accounts.
- Analyse and report actual sales results vs plan and define action items to compensate the gap
- Capture, consolidation and distribution of retailer sales out reporting and trade stocks
- Plan and Report on the store profitability including in-store staffs (named ‘Dyson Experts’) coverage, number of assisted sales by store by partnering with finance on ROI
4. Manage profitability and efficiency
- Align pricing promotion with finance and marketing
- Measure efficiency of pricing promotion
- Provide monthly and quarterly back margin validation, with supporting evidence, before rebates are paid to retailers
- Prepare and present channel as well as customer profitability reports
- Merge and check nation-wide as well as individual channels’ sales result and activities
5. Manage Sales Planning and Operations Team
- Monitor sales planning and operations activity and results on regular basis and provide adequate coaching and solutions for the team
- Develop and enhance the working procedures and processes to be more effective and valuable for long-term success
- Build up effective relationship and communication with sales/finance properly to align work process and month closing
- Responsible for team members’ development and performance achievement
To be successful in this role, you will bring a high level of business and commercial acumen with the ability to multitask, prioritise and adapt to business needs. You will be self-driven, motivated and able to work under pressure.
Previous skills & experience:-
Solid experience in Demand Planning Management / IBP
Previous experience managing teams (preferred)
Strong stakeholder engagement with a high level of insight to challenge ways of working and obtain leadership buy in
Data driven mindset to influence and effect change
Demonstrated strategic agility for high level planning an execution
Relevant tertiary qualifications (ideal)
Outside of a competitive salary, our team members receive generous product discounts, additional paid annual leave, a generous, above market parental leave scheme and ongoing learning and development opportunities.
At Dyson, our people are at the heart of everything we do. We value you bringing yourself to work and we want to deliver an employee experience that matches the quality we give to our customers.
We have a vibrant and diverse culture that is geared towards recognition and realising ambition. You'll have regular social activities to take part in and you'll work with a fantastic team of people every day.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.