- € competitive
- Retail Operations
- Cologne - Germany
As the Head of Demo Stores you will lead the Dyson Demo Store network and drive Dyson’s expansion into Direct Retail. In your role you are responsible to drive store performance, lead & develop high performing teams and develop & execute our ambitious 5-year growth plan in line with the Global Dyson Retail strategy.
- Provide best-in-class shopping experience through the Direct Demo Stores based on our Dyson Retail principles
- Own the German Demo Store P&L and ensure that profitability targets are being achieved
- Lead & develop high-performing Dyson Demo Store teams and ensure an “Consumer/Owner First” mindset
- Drive Dyson’s ambitious expansion plans into Direct Retail by identifying new premium locations and ensure flawless project management for new store openings
- Develop a compelling vision for Dyson Direct Demo Stores by observing and understanding trends in the ever-changing retail landscape
About the roleBe an active member of the Retail Sales Leadership Team
- Be a trustful member of the Retail Sales leadership team (Retail Sales Director, Head of National Accounts, Head of Field Sales, & Retail Activation) to provide and receive updates on the business, work in synergy and align on critical decisions
- Lead by example and be a point of reference for all other colleagues; behave in line with our core values, be willing to support others when needed
- Provide relevant feedback to your peers, your team and other colleagues to enable and support an inspiring high performing culture
- Respect others, challenge them when needed; defend your ideas whilst being open to other/new perspectives
Lead a high performing and effective team
- Set stretching and measurable targets and inspire commitment from the team to achieve those goals. Provide continuous constructive feedback through regular performance reviews
- Deploy performance management tools that improve outputs and ensure that team members feel supported throughout. Addressing the high performers and underperformers in your team appropriately.
- Create a positive working environment that is rewarding and enjoyable. Sharing achievements and celebrating success.
- Lead career development conversations to lift talents leading to promotions and career development
- Responsible for driving engagement in your team, measured through pulse surveys
- Lead a team of 6 direct reports and a total organization of ~50 people; organization will grow significantly with further expansion
Drive business performance
- Lead, mentor, and develop a results-oriented Direct Retail team, responsible for total German store P&L, drive revenue & margins whilst managing costs effectively
- Set store-level budgets and optimize store processes to drive profitability levels at each store; identify potential expense reductions when necessary
- Monitor and analyse Demo Store performance via clearly defined KPI’s
- Oversee operational tasks through Retail Operation Manager
- Build strong cross functional relationships to drive the business: HR, Category Managers, Marketing, Retail Activation, Logistic, Legal, Finance, Digital, Educational Team
- Partner with Senior Retail Team to ensure Stores are aligned to global guidelines. Lead the implementation of new tools at market level
- Partner with HR team to create and maintain all policies and procedures to cascade at store level.
Build Dyson’s future in Direct Retail
- Set up a compelling vision for Dyson’s future in the German Retail landscape
- Build & execute an ambitious 5-year expansion plan based on data analytics and shopper insights
- Deliver convincing business cases for new store locations by considering strategic fit, sales potential and costs
- Evaluate and negotiate with broker support new rental or existing lease contracts. Build strong relationships with landlords
- Recruit and build high-performing store staff for all Dyson Demo Store locations
Engage and pro-actively support with other duties as required whilst adopting Dyson behaviours and maintaining the German Retail Sales Identity.
- 10+ years of leadership experience in a premium or luxury retail environment. Strong retail management experience with multi-site oversight.
- Experienced in managing P&L and profit delivery
- Proven people management skills
- Acumen for KPI’s and sales data analytics
- Curiosity and willingness to challenge existing processes in the spirit of constant improvement
- High motivation and ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Strong collaboration and communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Fluent English
- Willingness to travel (~20%)
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Pension scheme
- 30 days holiday
- Subsidized sport activities
- Discounted Dyson machines
- Corporate Benefits
- working from home
- Fare Subsidy for local public transport or on-site parking
- 24/7 accident insurance
- Relaxed dress code
- Flexible working hours
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.