- Strategy and Transformation
- United Kingdom - Bristol Office
Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Our technology is unique and complex, so it’s up to us to explain it clearly. Working in-house, directly with engineers and the broader business, we create inspirational communications that showcase our technology. Our commercial strategies should launch our pioneering technologies and explain why they are better as simply and clearly as possible. We create customer and owner experiences that are authentic and uniquely Dyson.
In recent years Dyson has invested heavily in the payments-space with over 15 unique payment types implemented across 28 different markets. As markets are close to having the right payment mix, attention is shifting to new business models (subscriptions and finance) whilst still refining the mix, ensuring we pay the right fees and give the customer the best experience. James Dyson wants a more Direct business and the company is united to hit 65% Direct by 2025. The Head of Direct Payments role is new, building on the achievements in the Dyson.com space, and the role will broaden its reach across all Direct channels.
About the role
As our Head of Direct Payments (reporting into our Digital Product Director), you’ll have deep knowledge of all things payments and experience of implementing in enterprise organisations. You will follow trends on what will be the next “big thing”, judging if it is right for Dyson, whilst keeping an eye on changes in legislation. You will know how different payment types can impact fraud, logistics, reconciliation and other parts of the process flow.
You will sit within our Group Commercial function and be accountable for payments in all Direct channels worldwide e.g. Dyson.com, Dyson Demo stores, Call Centres, Service Centres, Marketplaces and Social Commerce. You will develop and deliver a product vision and roadmap for all channels and be an agent of change, securing major projects and programmes (e.g. introducing a subscriptions model into the business), leading from the front as a Mission leader.
You will chair a fortnightly governance working group meeting with Finance, IT, Cyber, Fraud, Compliance, Tax & Treasury to sense check any new initiatives, as well as a monthly steering meeting with Directors from each of the above functions, to agree large and strategic decisions. You will be the primary contact for Group and market teams for advice and consultation on all things payments.
You will assume delegated accountability for PCI Compliance from the CCO, whilst Cyber and IT retain responsibility. You will co-own relationships for payment gateways (Adyen & Worldpay) with the Treasury director, and own relationships with alternative payment method providers (e.g. Klarna, Amazon Pay, Affirm), regularly assessing terms.
You will develop and track your product(s) against measurable and published KPI’s and ensure maximum value is achieved through your dedicated scrum team. You will line manage Dyson.com Payment Product Owners and assume dotted line management of key individuals in Retail and Owner teams, building out the team as necessary.
- At least five years of experience working in the payment industry, implementing payment types into large Enterprise organisations
- A strong track record of successfully delivering transformational digital products in complex organisations
- Expert knowledge of market trends, customer insights and emerging/disruptive technologies
- A leader, highly commercial and strategic, a positive and impacting communicator, influential, able to manage stakeholders at all seniorities
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon)
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair-salon, lifestyle assist (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.