- Design and Development
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing Office
- Set and deliver the strategy, goals and target KPIs (Key performance Indicator) of high performing electronics hardware team
- Accountable for all activities within electronics hardware team for the Haircare category consisting of several sub function team of electronics project management, hardware design & integration, sensing system and electronics system verification
- Responsible for ensuring robust hardware solutions that meet product performance, safety, and reliability
- Oversee several projects running concurrently within a product category and ensure high quality hardware solutions are integrated and verified to meet maturity expectations at each milestone, within agreed cost and timeline
- Build capability and capacity to balance between NPD and sustaining projects and meet long-term program needs by identifying skill gaps within the team and taking responsibility for each team member wellbeing, performance, and each individual professional goal
- Drive a culture for continuous improvement in product safety, reliability, quality, cost down and development time reduction. The aim of this structure is to build knowledge so that we improve organically
- Establish excellent communication and collaborative mindset with other RDD Leaders across Engineering and Category teams to solve problem and introduce improvement collectively
- Report and ensure clear communication of the design status, ensuring the relevant system electronics design risks are clearly communicated to your peers and upwards.
- Lead by example, setting high standard of work ethics
Skills & Experience:
- Master or bachelor’s degree in (Electrical/Electronics) or equivalent with Experience working in RDD environment.
- Minimum 12 years experiences in R&D environment for consumer electronics, consumer appliance or relevant industry successfully leading and managing multiple complex projects starting from design, prototyping through to mass manufacturing and time spent in a leadership position
- Proven leadership in global organization and problem-solving ability, able to resolve conflict amongst cross-functional peers and act decisively to drive product development forward within a fast pace and ambiguous environment
- Proven track record with a minimum 5 years managing people and sizeable multidisciplinary hardware team
- Well understood about end-to-end electronics hardware and integration development and its challenges, having good knowledge in relevant regulatory standard of safety and EMC such as IEC 60335, IEC 61000, UL 1017, UL 2595 desirable
- Strong project and program management skills
- Having commercial and business acumen with good understanding of electronics PCBA and electronics assembly cost structure
- Good understanding and working experience on PCBA manufacturing, product assembly and testing its relevant standard such as IPC-A610, IPC-A620 would be desirable
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently, self-driven with a strong focus on results as well as effectively work as a team.
- Communication. Clearly, concisely, and accurately represent activity.
- Proactively collaborates across functions and works effectively across boundaries.
- Team player, both in operating within the team, and the broader Dyson global organization.
- Initiative. A self-starter, who can align with broad technical and commercial objectives, and turn this into strategies, plans, objectives, and positive results
- Flexibility. Able to adapt to the constantly changing environment that is inherent in this disruptive technology driven company.
- Process driven approach. Implements and maintains effective and efficient processes.
- Humility. Whilst the right candidate will be extremely competent, operating with humility and respect is key to establishing a collaborative, cohesive, and high performing team.
- Resilience. Responds to change and adversity positively. Seeks opportunity in situations which may initially seem negative
- Commitment and ownership. Dyson is a family-owned business, which makes long term commitments to stretching technology challenges. The strongest candidates will want to be on this journey with Dyson, rather than ‘just doing a job’
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.