- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
- Leadership of Dyson Legal’s Employment Law CoE
- Provision of strategic and operational employment law advice to Dyson’s Chief Legal Officer and other senior executives
- Oversight of global standards, polices and processes for the delivery of employment law services to Dyson
- Management of global employment law learning delivery to Dyson’s People Function
- Delivery, with CoE team, of operational employment law advice to Dyson’s UK based group functions
About the roleStrategic
- Setting strategic goals for the team which align with and contribute to the function level strategic goals set by Director, Global Legal Services
- Driving and evaluating progress by the team against its strategic goals
- Forge collaborative working relationships across
- Dyson Legal teams, Dyson and with external stakeholders.
- Managing and prioritising resources and services in accordance with their strategic value to Dyson.
- Delivering services efficiently and at a competitive cost
- Ensuring quality and consistency of service delivery, acting on stakeholder feedback where appropriate.
- Developing KPIs and metrics which support effective decision making.
- Operational reporting to Director of Global Legal Services
- Driving People Engagement within the team
- Building a team culture of high performance, fairness, transparency and honesty.
- Ensuring effective performance management, learning and development within the team
- Zero based operational budgeting to deliver strategic value to Dyson
- Effective management of spend against approved
- At least 3 years experience in a Senior in house Legal role
- Proven track record of operating successfully in a matrix organisation.
- Experience in building relationships with internal and external stakeholders including senior management across different geographies and cultures.
- Proven track record as a people manager, demonstrating an ability to performance manage individuals within a high performance culture
- Budget management experience is preferred.
- Broad business, commercial and financial management skills, with a clear understanding of how to create value for the business and balance cost and risk.
- Able effectively to delegate
- Capable of working at a strategic level, whilst also managing day to day activity to deliver key elements of the business plan
- Highly developed communication skills, both oral and written. Capable of articulating a compelling vision for the team and developing a range of strategies to influence people to deliver business plans. Able to communicate effectively with senior management as required.
- Consistently role models the values and fosters the values in the team. Is highly self reflective and welcomes open feedback, with a clear commitment to self improvement.
- An effective decision maker: comfortable with change and ambiguity and can act without having the total bigger picture.
- A role model for building and maintaining a strong network of collaborative relationships across Dyson business units and geographies to deliver operational success and galvanise and involve people.
- Possesses a brand of leadership which drives a diverse and collaborative working culture encouraging openness, honesty and psychological safety. Builds strong team spirit and
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.