- SGD Competitive
- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
With a ‘one-team’ approach, the global community are on a mission to…
- …evolve existing solutions to stay ahead
- …embed emerging solutions to capitalise on potential benefits
- …deliver conceptualised & future solutions to introduce net-new capability
Our Data Team As the ‘hub’ team delivering the data, technology and community provision enabling Dyson’s global data and analytics capabilities, Global Data Function have end-to-end responsibility for data from foundations (DQ, MDM, Compliance) to management (data platforms, integrations), to value realisation (analytics enablement and delivery).
About the roleThis role will report to the Director of Dyson's Global Data Function (GDF). The role is a newly introduced position and will lead pan-functional analytics to support priority strategic objectives at enterprise level, along with advanced analytics for the IT function, and unsupported opportunities across the organisation.
The enterprise analytics team is tasked with bringing clarity and consistency to the core metrics and KPIs used to drive governance across the business, and with building advanced analytics insights to drive the mission level objectives of the business forward.The team needs to balance delivering high performing basics with market differentiating advanced analytics, while bringing stakeholders on the journey.
This role is an integral part of the GDF leadership team and will play a key role in analytics governance to ensure the function prioritises the most impactful insights and the business is engaged to turn insight to action.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with and capable of:
- Bringing further definition to ways of working for her/his team
- Leading pan-functional collaboration to deliver high impact insights that span the operations of the organisation
- Finding structure and value delivery in a fast-paced high-change environment
- High motivation to champion and protect the grass roots basics of data quality, standardised metrics and data assets along with market leading advanced analytics.
Key accountabilities are to include:
- Drive the definition and engineered provisioning of key KPIs to support senior governance board reporting
- Drive active consistency, use and engagement with pan-enterprise KPI standards and reporting
- Lead the detailed design and on-boarding of the enterprise analytics team as it's established and matured
- Collaborate with functional and regional heads of analytics to ensure alignment and SME support for enterprise mission insight development
- Establish the analytics governance forum, remit and TOM in conjunction with the GDF leadership team
- Represent enterprise use cases at governance forums, agree prioritisation against defined value
- Champion data quality and mastery via business data owners, highlighting impact of issues on enterprise level insights
- Work with the GDF Asset manager to support accurate valuation of data assets
- Ensure enterprise use cases are grounded in actionable insights and defined value proposition
- Support the head of data strategy in the ongoing development of the data and analytics strategy and operating model
- Line management of the enterprise analytics team
- Collaborate closely with the Head of Data science to deliver to enterprise strategic objectives
- Demonstrate thought leadership in data analytics area. Stay at the forefront of industry best practice and drive innovation across Dyson
- Managing key stakeholder relationships
- Intensely developing your team’s skillsets, through inspiring, mentoring, and coaching
- Collaborate with the head of Analytics Enablement to define and support competency development across the analytics community
About youPreferred qualifications and skills:
- Visualisation tools expertise – Tableau and Looker preferred
- Fluent familiarity with cloud base analytics platforms – GCP preferred
- Data engineering and architecture experience and intermediate coding skills preferred
- Data science and ML modelling techniques familiarity – moderate skills preferred
- Experience in working with varied complexity and quality of data sources to deliver quantified value
- Ability to connect, motivate and inspire - both your team and the global community of analytics professionals
- Master degree or above educated in a relevant discipline and Data governance professional qualifications preferred but not essential – An overriding drive to deliver value and a capability to do so within service operations are the essential qualifications
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.