- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
This position will be based out of our Malmesbury campus and will require regular travel to our offices across EMEA & America.
About the Role
- Lead the Facilities teams of the workplaces across the EMEA and Americas.
- Ensure the facilities services, workplace experience and buildings / offices meet operations requirements and best-in-class conditions.
- Manage the Soft and Catering teams to deliver soft and catering services ensuring service providers meet Dyson’s high standards in cleaning, vector control, landscaping, transport, cafe operations, housekeeping and food quality. Working with service providers on cost efficiency and quality improvements.
- Manage the hard services team to ensure building, external compound, fixtures and fittings, and plant equipment are maintained at optimum performance level. Tracking the vendors’ performance levels and defining KPI. Monitoring equipment capacity / utilization regularly.
- Design and deliver a 5-year strategy incorporating future growth requirements and to raise the standards of our sites in the regions.
- Lead the cross-regional team to identify what best-in-class Facilities at Dyson looks like and to deliver it through a comprehensive execution plan.
- Responsible for the regions’ budget, working closely with the Finance partner to agree the annual budget and ensuring we keep within this budget. As well as Reviewing and justifying Capex and OPEX.
- Actively manage senior stakeholders including Exec members understanding their requirements and actively managing the expectations and demand
- Responsible for small projects or minor works. Collaborating with other functions to meet security, safety, environmental and health compliances.
- Manage property / facilities related procurement, license / permit renewal, cost management, visitor management and end-users’ work requests.
- Identify issues and present proposals of solutions to senior management, outlining the business case and justifying the resources to rectify the issues.
- Maintain the standard operating procedures to ensure Code / Authority, ISO and Dyson’s standards compliances.
- Responsible for people training and development improving the skills and capabilities of our people. Working closely with HR to identify and progress our internal talent.
- Motivating and nurturing your people to get the best out of them. Promoting collaboration and teamwork.
- Lead the best practices and lessons learnt, as well as standardizing work processes and procedures across all sites.
- Effectively coordinate activities with local stakeholders pertaining to operations, projects and Estates’ programs to ensure smooth delivery, transparency and consistency.
- Contribute actively in the Global Facilities Leadership discussions and reviews.
- Act as an advisor and advocator of effective industry practices and best-in-class practices. Strive to achieve the best-in-class standard.
- Support other region’s work requests when called upon.
- Master or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Estates Management from a reputable University.
- At least 15 years of working experience in Facilities job responsibilities, and minimum 5 years of working experience in the capacity of Senior Management job role.
- Regular travel overseas for work matters is expected.
- Highly proficient in systematic problem solving and analysis techniques.
- Familiar with cost rates pertaining to soft and hard services, as well as skilled labour and installation methods of fit out works.
- Familiar with relevant Local Code of Practices, including Safety, Health and Environment.
- Professional Certification(s) in Engineering or Facilities Management is an advantage.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strong leadership capability
- 27 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays )
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Free lunches and hot drinks
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free Hair Salon
- Concierge service
- Electric vehicle lease scheme
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.